The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

I always thought it was the label that made the prices, no?

If not then yeah, thats lame as fuck. I didnt even see the price, just saw all they had was black and stopped looking.

NWN said he had to make the price higher because he had to "pay the band" and given that his releases are never that expensive, seems obvious they wanted more money. Check out the merch they sell on Facebook. It's expensive as fuck. I have a bootleg with both albums and some extras on it I paid $8 and I'm perfectly happy with it. I may buy a bootleg shirt too. I like their music but the band is long done recording and feel like they're milking their legacy unfairly.

I refuse to directly support that band because of price gouging. A Tshirt isn't worth $30, a new jewel case cd isn't worth $15 and a new single lp with a poster isn't worth $25.

Could just be because I'm Australian but this sounds so petty, how is $15 expensive for a CD?

Most new release CDs don't exceed $12. NWN's cd's don't normally exceed $8.

I bought some CDs from Australia (Rote Mare) to be exact and it was fairly cheap for being overseas. Our currency has a bit of an advantage on Aussie's though.

Most new release CDs don't exceed $12. NWN's cd's don't normally exceed $8.

I bought some CDs from Australia (Rote Mare) to be exact and it was fairly cheap for being overseas. Our currency has a bit of an advantage on Aussie's though.

I suppose you do have a point if we're talking strictly online.

Dark Descent has a sale going on, 25% off their releases, 15% off the rest... I wanted ZOM and Lvcifyre too but I'm too broke so I just went with Thanatifaxath's full length for $12.

Their vinyl is garbage but I see some CDs I've got to grab for $5 each. Thanks for the link. Have you ordered from them before?
I haven't actually. Just saw a thing on Facebook and thought people here might be interested.

The fact that you get points for buying shit that can be used towards free purchases isn't something I see at distros so that was intriguing as well.

Well I picked up

Cardiac Arrest - Morgue Mutilations
Impaled Nazarene/Beherit - Day of Darkness Festival split bootleg (I'm not always huge on beherit but I'm willing to give this a chance, the Impaled Nazarene part is fucking vicious.
Rites of Thy Degringolade - Totality
Spite Extreme Wing - Kosmokrator

These are all fairly tough to find and/or out of print stuff so I'm pretty excited at the chance, especially that Cardiac Arrest debut. Had a copy a while back and traded it and have regretted it ever since.

Edit: forgot the point of the post, I had the package sent priority so I'll let you guys know how the label is.

Oh yeah, this is brilliant.
I've never even heard of this film, psychedelic cowboys you say? I gotta see it.
Speaking of, I'm quite partial to the El Topo OST, have you heard it? Great film too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg__QfsPwaE

Other than that, early yakuza film soundtracks mean a lot to me, like Tokyo Drifter or the early Kitano films like Violent Cop or especially the soundtrack Joe Hisaishi did for Hana-bi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5xolWSN2B4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFj_ja5b6QE

Not familiar with Diablo on that level but I definitely agree about Zelda and Pokémon, I recall Castlevania having a fucking cool soundtrack in the early games too.
Elder Scrolls for sure, not familiar enough with Dragon Age or Borderlands though, feel free to spam examples sometime.
By the way, which Shinobi game are we talking here? I'll have a look on youtube.

Those are all excellent, including the ones I haven't heard. And I'm talking the genesis Shinobi games, not sure if it ever came to other systems but if so I'd hope they maintained the excellent score. And yeah I totally forgot Castlevania but that shit is classic.

I'm gonna look for that soundtrack thread eventually pretty soon here and revive it. Or if you get the time do a search.

Fuck yes to Krow's order, anything with Impaled Nazarene is sure to blow brains out.
I've always wanted to give Cardiac Arrest a try, they seem right up my alley.

Those are all excellent, including the ones I haven't heard. And I'm talking the genesis Shinobi games, not sure if it ever came to other systems but if so I'd hope they maintained the excellent score. And yeah I totally forgot Castlevania but that shit is classic.

I'm gonna look for that soundtrack thread eventually pretty soon here and revive it. Or if you get the time do a search.

I've been a lazy turd, I'll search for it once I sober up, autocorrect is saving my ass tonight.
Yesterday I actually picked up another OST and figured maybe you'd get a kick out of it.
Found it cheap in a thrift store, vinyl looks nice (if only I had a camera) and I also found a 1977 Star Wars LP, fucking score.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck yes to Krow's order, anything with Impaled Nazarene is sure to blow brains out.
I've always wanted to give Cardiac Arrest a try, they seem right up my alley.

I've been a lazy turd, I'll search for it once I sober up, autocorrect is saving my ass tonight.
Yesterday I actually picked up another OST and figured maybe you'd get a kick out of it.
Found it cheap in a thrift store, vinyl looks nice (if only I had a camera) and I also found a 1977 Star Wars LP, fucking score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jtg3mTdf8U
EXCELLENT find good sir! I kick myself I didnt pick that up at this sci fi con last year. I was broke though and it was between that or Close Encounters.... had to go with the older. I've seen that at least one other time though, Aliens seems a bit more rare. Horner was the fucking man.

Also hell yes to star wars. Still on the bucket list.

You ever see Enemy Mine? Really excellent ET movie, got that on vinyl too because fuck it great flick. Gotta admit.... really weird score. I must not have paid attention to it much while watching.

So glad theres another soundtrack dweeb here now :kickass:

:kickass:

EXCELLENT find good sir! I kick myself I didnt pick that up at this sci fi con last year. I was broke though and it was between that or Close Encounters.... had to go with the older. I've seen that at least one other time though, Aliens seems a bit more rare. Horner was the fucking man.

Also hell yes to star wars. Still on the bucket list.

You ever see Enemy Mine? Really excellent ET movie, got that on vinyl too because fuck it great flick. Gotta admit.... really weird score. I must not have paid attention to it much while watching.

Close Encounters? Nice, I don't even remember the soundtrack to that, what's it like? Do you recommend it?
I haven't seen Enemy Mine... :bah: Might have to remedy that shit.

Lately I've been trying to track down old Toho Godzilla soundtracks on vinyl, I fucking LOVE the covers.

Have you heard of Crypt Vapor? They're a new project that creates original compositions akin to stuff by Carpenter etc.
They just released a debut CD, worth grabbing for cheap.

Last edited by a moderator: