THE WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA THREAD

WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

DESTROYED LAST NIGHT

BEST GIG I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!!

absolutely spellbound, ridiculous infact.

everything was better, set, lights, performance, crowd, enjoyment

hung outside with moonlapse and more of the forum crew in the cold by the side door for 2 hours and met them! got a poster signed too

someone else will post the set but the highlights for me were the night and silent water and demon! breathtaking.

will post pics later!

Yeah, fantastic gig. Hung out with pethical, chomps, my mates and some of their mates around the side door for fuckin hours trying to run into the Opeth boys. Was a pleasure meeting all you guys. My only regret is that the guys just kinda blitzed past us... I snuck into one photo with Mike but that's about it. Ended up snapping like 4 shots of other people with him. Big thanks to Joel (or was it you Tom?) telling Mike I was the mod. Having him say it was a pleasure to meet me, of all things, was something fucked up I never expected \m/.

Great gig... will try to recount the setlist... such great tracks:

Ghost of Perdition
Moonlapse Vertigo (FUCING!!!??? it sounded amazing... )
Credence
Baying of the Hounds
Closure
The Night and the Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
Demont of the Fall

I may have missed one.. and I'm not 100% sure on the order, but that looks about right to me.

Holy shit, somebody better be bootlegging Moonlapse Vertigo before I let the shit hit the fence! That was the song that got me into Opeth in the first place.

Must've been a blast to see that Moonlapse!

My friend got about 4 minutes of it, I screamed at him to start recording as soon as Mike announced it. Sadly the security cut him off. I'll see how his turned out soon enough.

I don't get what the guys always meant about it sounding bad live... it was fantastic.. highlight of the evening for me. I love that song.

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, fantastic gig. Hung out with pethical, chomps, my mates and some of their mates around the side door for fuckin hours trying to run into the Opeth boys. Was a pleasure meeting all you guys. My only regret is that the guys just kinda blitzed past us... I snuck into one photo with Mike but that's about it. Ended up snapping like 4 shots of other people with him. Big thanks to Joel (or was it you Tom?) telling Mike I was the mod. Having him say it was a pleasure to meet me, of all things, was something fucked up I never expected \m/.

Great gig... will try to recount the setlist... such great tracks:

Ghost of Perdition
Moonlapse Vertigo (FUCING!!!??? it sounded amazing... )
Credence
Baying of the Hounds
Closure
The Night and the Silent Water
The Grand Conjuration
The Leper Affinity
Deliverance
Demont of the Fall

I may have missed one.. and I'm not 100% sure on the order, but that looks about right to me.

I just creamed my pants just reading that damn setlist!!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE they'll play the exact same one next June when they play their only clubshow in Europe during their festival tour, in the Netherlands. I mean, thay play here more than anywhere else so we need something special!

Here's a shot of pethical and Mike that my friend took towards the end there:

100_0840.jpg

You guys were posing for the camera I had, but ironically I'm thinking this shot would've turned out better.

Moonlapse said:
Here's a shot of pethical and Mike that my friend took towards the end there:

You guys were posing for the camera I had, but ironically I'm thinking this shot would've turned out better.

Haha Pethical you lucky bitch! I had to leave to catch the last train at 12:05 or something.

I'm so annoyed that you got to see them Sunday before the show.. I was there at 4:00, meeting friends. Except no one was there so I went to get some food. Only I DIDN'T KNOW that they were around the side! I was sitting all by myself out the front on the step... :(

Oh well. I'll meet them someday. The music is more important. Kinda.

Well what can I say. MOONLAPSE FUCKING VERTIGO. I never thought I would hear that, perfect.

My only complaint is about the people near me, the complained when the night and the silent water was played, that it was an old song, and talked through credence. Maybe it was newbe night.

PS. I think I like Axe better than Lopez.

I'm incredibly jealous of you Melbourners! Not only did you get two shows but you got a freaking amazing setlist for the second night. I can only hope that some of that continues tonight in Sydney. I'd have a heart attack if I heard even half of the Night and the Silent Water. But you got Moonlapse as well :loco: As long as Sydney gets something slightly different to the Perth/Adelaide/Melbourne 1 setlist I'll be stoked. Anything off Morningrise is a bonus.

Now I'm just gushing like an idiot with anticipation! :headbang:

steel102 said:
HOLY COW I HOPE SOMEONE BOOTLEGGED THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try both. And they're very good, clarity wise!

And yes, I've got about 4 minutes worth of Moonlapse Vertigo video. Muha. Props to Moonlapse for indiscretely alerting security that I was recording :rolleyes:

(It was actually some fucking dog ugly bitch :puke: )

Yeah last night was absoloutely amazing!! Sunday night was exceptional but last night topped it for me. The Night and the Silent Water...brilliant.
I was also lucky enough to meet the band before the gig at about 5. got my copy of Blackwater Park signed, and a couple of photos on my crappy camera phone. I was so excited after that i went straight to the pub across the road.

Brilliant night!!!

And talk about the guys teasing us. They played 30 seconds of the 'Face of Melinda' intro...then stopped. but promised it for next time. The selling point for the next show said Mikael.

Haha

Mike: 'Let's see if I remember this....' *starts playing FoM*
*Axe starts playing along*
*crowd start getting into it*
*Mike stops*
Mike: That's our selling point for the next.... Melbourne show.

Bastard did the same thing with Serenity Painted Death.

jonnysdead said:
And talk about the guys teasing us. They played 30 seconds of the 'Face of Melinda' intro...then stopped. but promised it for next time. The selling point for the next show said Mikael.

haha those cheeky cunts!
i would love to hear that song live..
but ill be overly happy with night and the silent or moonlapse tonight.