the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Theocracy, Sinbreed, and some other power metal bands.
There's also...A Sweater Poorly Knit by mewithoutYou and some Flyleaf.

Symphony X - The Walls of Babylon.

Dali's Dilemma was pretty cool. Very Awake-period-DT-ish. It's kind of a shame they only released one album. It would have been interesting to see how they developed.

Agreed. Though Matt Guillory (keyboardist) has worked with James LaBrie's solo material. I'm not sure what happened to the other band members.

Just discovered "White Pearl, Black Oceans" :OMG:
Listening to "The Last Amazing Grays". I love the instrumental bridge in it !
Reminds me of the instrumental bridge on "Twist on Fate"...

I went back in the archives today and listened to Becoming the Archetype's "Terminate Damnation" and Alter Bridge's "One Day Remains" and "Blackbird". Now I am on to King James "The Fall".

Does anyone else here like Vanden Plas, a great prog metal band from Germany? I feel like I'm just about the only person who's heard of them, besides the people I told about them.
Currently playing: Vanden Plas's cover of the song "Gethsemane" from Jesus Christ Superstar.

I am currently listening to Red Circuit- Trance State which was picked up at ProgPower XI after the band was announced for next years show. I LOVE it! \m/

Does anyone else here like Vanden Plas, a great prog metal band from Germany? I feel like I'm just about the only person who's heard of them, besides the people I told about them.
Currently playing: Vanden Plas's cover of the song "Gethsemane" from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Oh yeah! I like Vanden Plas also. I just listened to their song "Judas" like yesterday. AWESOME BAND!

I only have their Christ0 album (which got me to read the Count of Monte Cristo - amazing book!), but they're near the top of my priorities to get more music of. The only bands higher are Sonata Arctica and Judas Priest.

I'm unsure whether they're a Christian band. If they are, it's definitely not their main focus. Many of their songs (like "Father" and "January Sun") seem to have some Christian overtones, but not all their songs do, and I heard somewhere that Andy Kuntz (the singer and main songwriter) is an atheist, although I don't have any backup for this.

I only have their Christ0 album (which got me to read the Count of Monte Cristo - amazing book!), but they're near the top of my priorities to get more music of. The only bands higher are Sonata Arctica and Judas Priest.

I'm unsure whether they're a Christian band. If they are, it's definitely not their main focus. Many of their songs (like "Father" and "January Sun") seem to have some Christian overtones, but not all their songs do, and I heard somewhere that Andy Kuntz (the singer and main songwriter) is an atheist, although I don't have any backup for this.

Yeah... I just don't know if they are Christian. I do like their music though... a lot!

Beatallica - The Thing That Should Not Let It Be

I love this song.

Not dead which eternal lie, stranger aeons—death may die
These are words of wisdom, let it be
I wake up to the sound of Metallica, let the metal come to me
Death to the one who will not let it be!

I've been a fan of Vanden Plas since I bought their first three albums in early 2000! I haven't picked their latest one up yet (I currently have it on back order). I don't think they are particularly Christian (though religious themes are sometimes used in their lyrics).

I am currently listening to Red Circuit- Trance State which was picked up at ProgPower XI after the band was announced for next years show. I LOVE it! m/

It's ironic this post followed the one about Vanden Plas, because Red Circuit's album Trance State was produced by Andy Kuntz (Vanden Plas vocalist) who co-wrote some of the songs. For that reason the bands sound similar to me.

I was feeling nostalgic recently and dusted off Sanvoisen - Soul Seasons (1997). Fans of Dream Theater/Queensryche/Savatage may like them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbwgjcsmg-w&feature=related[/ame]

The album cover has always puzzled me.