the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Oh yeah? I've only got a couple of their songs, from some various compilation packs from Ult Rec. :b I haven't actually bought an album of theirs.

Turisas - As Torches Rise

When I first heard of their album Battle Metal, I took a listen expecting hilarious metal antics, but found to my surprise that they're actually insanely awesome. I love both their albums, and can't wait for the next one.

Big LOL. Interestingly, Let It Be is the only Beatles song I like, while Thingy is the only song from Master of Puppets I don't like.

Beatallica are hit and miss, but they've got some great songs. In addition to The Thing That Should Not Let It Be, I'd also recommend Masterful Mystery Tour, Fuel On A Hill, Got To Get You Trapped Under Ice, A Garage Days Night, and All You Need Is Blood.

I'm really worried about DT from now on. Portnoy was one of the main driving forces of the band, and I don't know how well they'll do with just Petrucci as a leader figure.

I'm really worried about DT from now on. Portnoy was one of the main driving forces of the band, and I don't know how well they'll do with just Petrucci as a leader figure.
I'm worried about what will become of them too, but all we can do is wait and see I guess. :( I wonder who they'll get to replace him though?

Mirror of Souls. :p

Can't go wrong with this one. :)

They've said that auditions for new drummer will be in October (don't know why I originally put June...)

I just hope that Portnoy doesn't join Avenged Sevenfold full-time. I like them a lot, but he's just way too good for them. He deserves far better, like to keep working with Transatlantic.

My bet is DT will record 1, maybe 2, albums without Portnoy before he re-joins. He just wanted a break from DT, so once he has his break, I have a feeling they'll welcome him back if he asks. I am curious to see the replacement, too.

Now Playing: Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned

Turns to Me
by Savatage

This is my first time through the "Wake of Magellan" album, and I'm already floored on track 3. Can't wait to see what else they have in store. I love everything this band's done, and this was one of the last of their albums I had to get. :D

Kamelot - Poetry for the Poisoned

I've been into Kamelot lately, but haven't had a chance to look up the new album. How is it?

Portnoy leaving Dream Theater has to be the worst music-related news I've heard since Kesha's awful song became a hit. In all seriousness, Dream Theater just won't be the same.

He's my fav modern day drummer... and I'm glad he's moving on & stuff... and growing... but DT will never be the same :cry: