the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Have you heard "Majestic" already? Or only the older albums?
I thought the previous albums were great musically, but the extreme high vocals kind of ruined it for me.
The vocals on the new album are much better IMO, because Tommy is singing high, but not THAT high most of the time.

Still I think there is room for improvement as for "feeling" or "emotion" in his vocals. Most of the time he is singing with a ...I'd say... power voice. A little bit more variety, expression, feeling in his vocal performance would make the album even better.
I feel similar about the vocals of Rob Rock, a great vocalist - but for my taste his singing could use a little bit more variety. And some songs prove he's able to do that.

By the way: Tommy's guitar work is fantastic!

I got ReinXeed's album "Majestic" today and I play it all the time.
It's great!
My recommendation for all who like symphonic bombastic power metal with high vocals and who are not afraid of some "cheese" :)

They're decent, though nowhere near Epica or Nightwish's league, I'm afraid. Nobody touches Simone's vocals or Holopainen's songwriting, in my opinion. (Personally, screw Tarja and Anette[don't get me wrong, I like both of them], put Simone Simons in Nightwish. I might die from happiness :p )

I'm not a fan of metalcore, personally. I really only like Haste the Day, (arguably) Becoming the Archetype, and if Avenged Sevenfold's latest albums count anymore (starting with City of Evil). I don't dislike it as much as I do, say, grindcore or most glam metal, but I like pretty much every other metal genre better.

Iced Earth - the Gettysburg trilogy: "The Devil To Pay", "Hold At All Costs", and "High Water Mark".

Harmony - Don't Turn Away

Found this using one of the last.fm radio features. I'd never paid attention to that before tonight, but it looks like I should have. It's actually been playing some good stuff.

Harmony - Don't Turn Away

Found this using one of the last.fm radio features. I'd never paid attention to that before tonight, but it looks like I should have. It's actually been playing some good stuff.

They are good \m/

Laying the Demon to Rest by Theocracy. :b Finally got out of my Heavy Metal mood.