the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Great music...the vocals though, I just CAN'T get used to Black Metal screaming.

I hear you, M@RS. It took me a really long time to get into it. This guy is among the best screamers in the genre, though.

So... Is anyone else totally unable to stop listening to Rhapsody of Fire? :D

Porcupine Tree - Deadwing

Has a really cool, menacing vibe to it.

I've been meaning to get into Porcupine Tree. What would be a good album to start with? I've heard that In Absentia is good.

In Absentia is probably the best place to start. Of their albums that I've heard, I consider Deadwing to be their best overall, but In Absentia has more stand-out tracks.

A lot of people love Fear of a Blank Planet, but I'm very lukewarm on it - although I will say that Sleep Together is one of the coolest songs ever.

Pre - In Absentia PT is very much a mixed bag. Seriously, there was a big leap in quality between that and their previous work. Stupid Dream is a good album though.

Haven't heard their latest, The Incident, so I can't comment on that.

Overall, they're an awesome band. A bit overrated, but great nonetheless. Sort of a Pink Floyd for our times, or a least as close as we're likely to get.

I listen to 'spirit never dies' of Masterplan these days. The vocal is very powerful like a beast

Lead Us Home by Demon Hunter. Dunno why I've been in the mood, but I can't stop playing Demon Hunter.

Holy Blood is pretty cool. I have a friend who likes folk metal but he can't get into progressive/power metal :(. He likes Holy blood but no Symphony X or Theocracy.

Betrayed by Antestor. The screaming in this song don't seem to have that annoying, I dunno, I can get into this type of screaming.

Holy Blood is pretty cool. I have a friend who likes folk metal but he can't get into progressive/power metal :(. He likes Holy blood but no Symphony X or Theocracy.

WHAT? Someone can't get into Symphony X!?!? :yell:

Betrayed by Antestor. The screaming in this song don't seem to have that annoying, I dunno, I can get into this type of screaming.

Yeah, the vocals and general sound quality are better on The Forsaken than on The Return Of The Black Death, but strangely I like it less.