the "what are you currently listening to" thread

King Crimson - "The Court of the Crimson King"

Interesting that you posted this. Last night I was watching the movie Children Of Men (which is FANTASTIC) and I heard this song which perfectly fit the movie and thought "What on earth is this?" I checked the credits at the end and saw that it was The Court of the Crimson King. In fact, in the DVD menu, the name of that chapter of the movie is The Court of the Crimson King. What a great song!

"Back Breaker" is about one of the best albums I have heard. I love everything about it.

Oh really? I love their mix of Heavy Metal and Metalcore, and their southern influences are just awesome.

Depends which album for me. Vally of The Damned and Sonic Firestorm win epically! Inhuman Rampage is pretty good... and Ultra Beatdown left a bad taste in my mouth. The LIVE album is decent.

I have Valley of the Damned. Personally, I think it's great. But the mixing isn't very good. It's their first album though, so I accept and enjoy it. I have the Live Album and Ultra Beatdown as well.

Interesting that you posted this. Last night I was watching the movie Children Of Men (which is FANTASTIC) and I heard this song which perfectly fit the movie and thought "What on earth is this?" I checked the credits at the end and saw that it was The Court of the Crimson King. In fact, in the DVD menu, the name of that chapter of the movie is The Court of the Crimson King. What a great song!

King Crimson is my new favorite prog rock band! They're so amazing...

Medea - One Foot in Hell by The Showdown.

Depends which album for me. Vally of The Damned and Sonic Firestorm win epically! Inhuman Rampage is pretty good... and Ultra Beatdown left a bad taste in my mouth. The LIVE album is decent.

And now we disagree. I went through Ultra Beatdown, and I enjoyed it very much.

And now we disagree. I went through Ultra Beatdown, and I enjoyed it very much.

Eh, I don't really like Dragonforce much at all. They do have a few good songs (Trail of Broken Hearts, Prepare For War, and Body Breakdown come to mind), but for the most part they're extremely generic and boring. Although I haven't heard anything from Ultra Beatdown yet...

Ugh, I can't stand Cannibal Corpse, personally.

I'm not a huge fan myself, I'm listening to music on youtube and then just clicking suggestions on the side when a song is over. They're okay though.

'Too Big to Fail' on 'Back to the Rock' by Classic Petra - nice, epic rocker with that classic Bob Hartman sound. All you Theocracy fans should surf on over to www.classicpetra.com and pick up this album!

---Prem

Demon hunter - the wind (new song they just put up on their myspace.)

I'm no fan of Demon Hunter but I really liiiike this one...

I love "my heartstrings come undone" it reminds me of my girlfriend...

Can you recommend some other ballads of DH?