the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Loving Redemption's Snowfall on Judgement Day... it made me go back and get all their previous albums.

Jazzy Prog Rock? Ooh, I need to look into that. I love jazz.

Excellent. If you haven't looked them up yet (and for everyone else, since you all need to know), The Tangent is a prog-rock and partially jazz fusion supergroup (of sorts) directed by Andy Tillison. Their first two albums were amazing... then Roine Stolt left the group and they lost their soul. A pity; they had such potential. The Music That Died Alone is their debut which has more jazz influences; their second album, The World That We Drive Through, is slightly better and has a little more of an atmospheric sound.

Excellent. If you haven't looked them up yet (and for everyone else, since you all need to know), The Tangent is a prog-rock and partially jazz fusion supergroup (of sorts) directed by Andy Tillison. Their first two albums were amazing... then Roine Stolt left the group and they lost their soul. A pity; they had such potential. The Music That Died Alone is their debut which has more jazz influences; their second album, The World That We Drive Through, is slightly better and has a little more of an atmospheric sound.

Sounds great. I'll definitely look more into them.

Ennea: On Falling Leaf by Destroy the Runner. I so wish they could've gone on with their new sound on this album, I, Lucifer.

I had Dark Passion Play. I need to get that again. Such a good album.

Stare at the Sun by Mutemath.

I like those two, don't really like the.... finnish song, can't recall the title. If only just because I don't speak the language =P

I enjoy that one. I guess I listen to enough foreign music that I just don't really care. Norway, Sweden, France, Italy, the Ukraine, Croatia, and now Finland.

Dancer of the Storm by InnerWish. A LOT better than I originally thought. I might have to buy one of their albums.

Nothing Left by As I Lay Dying. My personal favorite from them.

EDIT: I just got The Powerless Rise (FINALLY). I'm still on the first song. I like it so far. He finally brought diversity to his screaming. High to Low and so on. Love it. :D

Martyr's Crown said:
Yeah, I'm really liking it. The only songs I don't enjoy are "Wish I Had An Angel" and "The Siren". "Ghost Love Score" is rediculously incredible. Tarja's voice is beautiful. Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

The Siren is the only reason I place it behind MoS...IMO it's the only weak track on the album

Also, I was listening to DTs Awake last week thinking how it still sounded so good, even better from some albums who come from "amazing" producers.

Blind Guardian - A Voice in the Dark