the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Not the kind of 'black' metal I expected :D

Hahahah!!

And yea them people dancing was good stuff. The Borat lookin dude was hillarious. Good to see people jammin to em.

I'm sorry, but I have to post just one more video of them (last one) that I found deep into their channel. This was before they got their bass player. It's just mind blowing how good these kids are!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just mind blowing how good these kids are!

just mind blowing how good these kids

mind blowing how good

987078-lolwut.jpg

Hahah, well, I personally haven't heard any kids that are 11 n 12 years old, write their own music that sounds as good as them. And I know there's some amazing young guitarist out there that's better than this kid (that one asian kid that played with Ozzy comes to mind). Also, that drummer is nasty for a 6th grader. But hey, that's just my opinion.

But if you can show me a video of 11 n 12 years olds playing their own stuff that's just as good or make these kids sound bad, I'd love to see/hear em play! You seem to know about some other kids I don't :D

Love LOLWUT

Been listening to a lot of the Progpower bands for this year. Getting pumped. Anybody up here going?

WAKE OF MAGELLAN album quickly becoming one of my favorites of all time. Cannot wait.

Well to each their own I guess.. I just find it hard to believe that anyone who likes metal, that hears the 20+ minute setlist of these 11 year olds playing their own material, can walk away saying "They're not good". lol. Them kids were jammin! Even if they were grown, I'd still like it. But the fact they're not even in junior high yet is pretty awesome. But that's my opinion, and anyone else is completely entitled to theirs, as we all cannot always like the same things. But, wow..lol. Carry on.

I've been currently listening to this dude play Final Fantasy songs in metal forms.

I wasn't going to reply but since you kept going, I'll say this: The music they are playing is not difficult at all and could be played after only 6 months to a year of practice.

I'm not insulting them personally, just a shot at their music. They will probably wise up and grow out of the core in a couple years (hopefully).

But if you can show me a video of 11 n 12 years olds playing their own stuff that's just as good or make these kids sound bad, I'd love to see/hear em play! You seem to know about some other kids I don't :D

Hold on to your capitalism, we're going for a ride!

Queensryche's Queensryche.

Its awesome. Go buy it. My only complaint is that they didn't fire Geoff years ago. Its seriously making me fall in love with the band all over again.

My favorite track is Spore, but really I've just let it play on repeat all afternoon. I love the whole thing.

I'm not ready to say its better than Promised Land, but things are heading that direction and Empire better watch its back.

Queensryche's Queensryche.

Its awesome. Go buy it. My only complaint is that they didn't fire Geoff years ago. Its seriously making me fall in love with the band all over again.

My favorite track is Spore, but really I've just let it play on repeat all afternoon. I love the whole thing.

I'm not ready to say its better than Promised Land, but things are heading that direction and Empire better watch its back.

+1

As a long time Queensryche fan, I remember being disappointed by Hear In The Now Frontier (which, in retrospect, I like a lot more than most of the albums that followed). This is the album that should have followed Promised Land (which is my favorite QR album).

Hey guys, does anyone have the new Broken Flesh album? Because I'd totally like to download it but it seems impossible to find and I hate the idea of YouTube ripping.

inb4 Seastorm deletes this

If you are listening on a computer-> Spotify
If you are listening on your phone -> Google play all access

Both have free trials. Spotify desktop streaming is 100 percent free, and somewhat helps artists.

No need to youtube rip, which is totally non-coolio.

You could always LISTEN on youtube though.

I'm listening to a lot of Xandria. They are frickin great.

Ehhh I'm more in the mentality of "give me the album for free and I'll then proceed to buy your merch and go to your shows". Any band that I can't find a free version of their album I pretty much will just never touch or think about ever again (IE they lose money).

That's because the sensation of listening to an album gets intensified when you have the finished product in your hands. Even if it turns out below average you can still appreciate the work put into it if you hold the cover art and flip through the book.

Another example of this phenomenon is when people claim an album is absolute horseshit when in fact it's just worse when compared to the rest of said band's discography. In reality that album is pretty good when compared to other music and a ton of work was put into it.

Now playing:

Eh, I don't get that feeling at all. I bought the new Extol album because I wanted to support them and get some cool merch with it, having the album itself made no difference.

Right now I'm not listening to anything but Paradise Lost (Symphony X) and Throes of Absolution (7 Horns 7 Eyes) have been on play a lot lately.

Oh and The Agony Scene. Totally forgot they existed for a long time.