the "what are you currently listening to" thread

Did you sample the new album? I only heard the two songs they released on youtube, and I can't say that I'm mighty impressed. I did find it attractive, but I expected a LOT more. Here's to discovering that the rest leaves a better impression on me!
I listen to their album called Chapter II Aftermath and it is quite good, I have borrowed that one from a friend :) Yesterday I went to a local record store to find more of Theocracy and I'll see Monday if he can find the ones I want so that I can listen to the remastered one which is self titled as well as Mirror of Souls , it would make my day that :Smokin:

"Sometimes I forget that I live a lifestyle that most people dream of living: boutiques that I shop in, stores that I visit."

Today I was reminded that this line has always struck me as perfectly suited to the song.

Yes, I'm being coy about what I'm listening to. This is a test to see if you know the "deep track" lines to the deep tracks :D

"Sometimes I forget that I live a lifestyle that most people dream of living: boutiques that I shop in, stores that I visit."

Today I was reminded that this line has always struck me as perfectly suited to the song.

Yes, I'm being coy about what I'm listening to. This is a test to see if you know the "deep track" lines to the deep tracks :D

The Serpent's Kiss, of course. I always liked the spoken parts of that song.

^ Man, I totally missed that reference. I will have to pay more attention to The Serpent's Kiss next time I listen.

I've been listening to Pathosray's self-titled album. Great prog metal. The singer reminds me a lot of the guy from Circus Maximus, except he sounds a little more aggressive at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Serpent's Kiss, of course. I always liked the spoken parts of that song.

I love it that somebody got this. Nicely done!

For the last few weeks I've been getting to know Sweet & Lynch's new "Only to Rise" album. This Michael Sweet (Stryper vocals) and George Lynch (Dokken guitars) project is worth your time if you're a Stryper fan. Note: not a Christian project. The lyrics are standard secular (though non-objectionable) fare.

Standout tracks for me are:

Been binging on some August Burns Red lately, but also been listening to this stuff too. I discovered it from an anime (Gintama) I've been watching lately and looked him up. Can't listen to this without nodding my head and tapping my foot, hahah.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWhoIe1U3lE&list=LLiIqLSjk1sHEEW63a5fGbfg[/ame]

The new Blind Guardian, Beyond the Red Mirror, is epic. I love it and has made my regular rotation since release last month.

The new Neal Morse, The Grand Experiment, is also fantastic.

I'm listening to the new Pyramaze. They are back with a new vocalist 7 years after the departure of Matt Barlow. They are now on Ulterium's sister label Inner Wound.

Check out Fearless:

Thanks, SeaStorm, my wishlist has grown longer. I find the tracklisting on [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Disciples-Sun-Pyramaze/dp/B00UI23ZX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429146698&sr=8-1&keywords=pyramaze"]Amazon[/ame] to be quite humorous. I was first thinking Pyramaze became a Christian metal band, until I saw one of the bonus tracks was called "Tootsie." I then figured the song titles must be mistaken. :)

Haha, that track listing is really, really wrong! Wow. That would have been quite a shift in content for the band :lol:

Thanks for the heads-up. I let the right people know about it.

I don't think there's ever been mention of Leah on here. Female-fronted symphonic metal. She is Christian, as you may be able to tell from the chorus of this particular song borrowing text from Psalm 84. But the lyrics are generally not obvious about it. Her newest album has the guitarist and drummer from Delain and bassist from Blind Guardian.