The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just finished packing...will be going to the seaside tomorrow. Heard the weather will suck, but still going anyway, it's become some sort of tradition to treat friends on my birthday to drinks there in the last years. :) Should be fun. Also, Blind Guardian concert on Sunday! :p

I don't remember anybody celebrating burning witches in the end of april, now everybody does. I'm at home doing shit. It's all because I have no money.

cas-early-small.jpg

fun fun

I'm at Agro uni campus. Kinda bored. I would go to pub but I have to save money and I'm in no mood for a beer. What is happening to me?

So what's supposed to be going on here. Does the disturbance cause the second process to restart? I assume there are other setups where a disturbance causes you to restart multiple processes, or even go to a fail/shutdown state?

zabu of nΩd;9797518 said:
So what's supposed to be going on here. Does the disturbance cause the second process to restart? I assume there are other setups where a disturbance causes you to restart multiple processes, or even go to a fail/shutdown state?

Nah. What's happening is that when you get a disturbance the secondary process reads it and sends the signal to its controller to minimize the upset it would have caused. As the secondary process is initially disturbed, the primary process would also be affected and in turn its transmitter would send a signal back to the primary controller where it would try to compensate for the upset in the entire process.

This is a way to correct a big spike in temperature or an overflow of a particular input especially if product specification is important. It's also just one way of doing this. There are many other ways like inferential, feedforward and ratio instrumentation control. Cascade is basically having more than one feedback control loop.

If anyone even gets that.