The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Doing some job searching. The job outlook doesn't seem good, and in my discipline it was comparatively weak pre-recession. That's something that I've always been aware of. I might have to look out of state for a job. The particular job market I'm dealing with is very specific and niche, and I don't know how it relates to the broader job outlook right now. I would like to do a semester or year-long contract and then come back to Arizona. If I plan on doing a Phd program, I won't want to be tied down by a long-term job. It looks like a lot of the offerings for philosophy instructor jobs are short-term contracts anyway. Would be just fine for me.

Well, two places I'm looking at applying to are the Pima Community College system in Tucson and Portland Community College (Portland, OR). Two problems with this idea: if I end up getting a job in Tucson, well, ummm, the girl I just broke up with lives there, and it ain't exactly hard to bump into people in Tucson. On the other hand, if I got a job in Portland, I would have to be bombarded by constant memories of her and all the stuff we did there..."oh look, here's where we had lunch that one day,""here's where we took that cheesy picture together," etc. etc. BUT I really like the Pacific Northwest and would like to spend more time there. This is all assuming that I get a job at any of these places, and I don't know how likely that is.

Got my 40D. It's beautiful. Didn't realize how much larger (and heavier) it would be than the XS, but then again it's made out of magnesium alloy :kickass:

I have the 2 x 12 combo, the...8140 or something. shit kicks SO MUCH FUCKING ASS, basically Ive been using it since I started playing guitar some 7ish years ago, it's beat to shit, knobs are missing or don't work too well and the logo's gone...but the options on it are amazing, you can get almost any tone on it.

lol wut

im just playing an Elven Ranger. Were playing 4.0. It sucks, but whatever

Just got outbidded on a Marshall 8100. Chuck used it back in the day. dammit!!! :mad: :cry:

Krig, have you played the Warhammer rpg P&P? It's like DnD 3.5e on fucking crack, and it's fun as hell. If you want i can send you the books (been out of print for years). All mine are damn good pdf's too.

never played it. would never play it, lucky I got into this D&D game as it is

Psh, shit is tits. It's not the normal tabletop where you have to buy all those little gay figurines. It's just old DnD thrown into the warhammer universe. It's actually pretty fucking awesome (also, I hate DnD).

Fucking zombie at work for the first time in a week. Glorious week off, spent the whole time eating and drinking and watching Star Trek and sleeping until 11 am every day.

My life is a mess and I just want to bury my head in the sand and wait until everything magically fixes itself.

heh, hate D&D? very bad man

bought a used Ampeg SS150 head off of ebay.
Now I have the Ampeg VH140c and the SS150. METAL AS FUCK!!!

I just find the world corny as hell.

It doesn't help that the system is a pain in the ass either half the time. The warhammer rpg just uses 2d10. That is it.

GURPS only used d6's too. And you can role play any campaign setting: sci-fi, fantasy, cyperpunk, superhero, you name it.
Or, you could play Vampire: The Masquerade, which uses no dice at all.
Personally, I love 2nd edition AD&D. THAC0 ftw!