The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Pessimism: yeah Allerseelen definitely brought the nazis out wtf

Also, epic lulz at Haughm telling Aesop to shut up and then telling us "I've never had to fear for my teeth before... this is by far the most fucking insane crowd we've ever seen."

I had to get out of the middle and stand off to the side after "Into the Painted Grey". Too many douchebag teenagers

I had to get out of the middle and stand off to the side after "Into the Painted Grey". Too many douchebag teenagers

Yeah the crowd was pretty fucking annoying.

@Pessimism: I pretty much agree with your post (except there was only one song from the Mantle played). The sound on the Into the Painted Gray was terrible but after that it got much better (for the most part). I think I saw you, but I was completely sure so I didn't say anything :|

Yeah the sound definitely got better as their set went out. Highlights for me were "Dead Winter Days" and "In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion". That did it for me

This evening will have the easy flow that I like. Just going somewhere with some guys and the chick who dislikes finger-smelling. Going around few pubs, meeting friends and drinking. Aahhh. Bye.

Apparently MY CREW and I started some sort of seating arrangement for the venue on the left side because we just took the chairs that were lying around and made front row seats. I turn around after Limbs to see Winterthrall and a bunch of other people sitting behind me in other pilfered chairs and stuff. I thought it was pretty funny.

One part during the Agalloch set made me giggle like a fucking schoolgirl; the singer of Allenstelelenlanl kneeled before me trying to take pictures with flash on a neat little compact camera, and was generally pretty self conscious (he knew there were a fuckload of relaxed people behind him so he didn't stand in the way like a douche). This one guy runs up to him, whispers something, and they both are gone in a split second. My best friend Sean looks over at me, smiles, and says "Quickly, the Führer has called!"

I decided against bringing my camera because my friend Sanne* made some very very clear points on why I shouldn't bother tonight. She has gone to a few shows that Ironroom has managed and they ended up being very shitty places. She guessed there would be little to no light, and the conditions for photography would be shit for positioning (I agree, specifically for the lens I was going to use).

So many people were trying to use flash... with all the smoke they were pumping out, I don't understand what caused people to think that was a good idea. I was looking straight into a lot of camera's lcd screens and seeing the whited out monstrosities and figured people would think "hey, this is because of the fog machine!". No, they never did, and just kept flashing away.

Saw two girls with some fat pieces of glass however on the opposite right side. Naturally since they were not using flash I assumed they knew what they were doing :p (i.e. aperture priority mode; wide open lens at a minimum of 2.8, auto iso up to 3200 - even though 3200 may have been the damned minimum for some shots, etc.

**For shits and giggles some of her band photography

14632_190655172615_190640227615_3071680_4562888_n.jpg

14632_190655337615_190640227615_3071705_1867383_n.jpg

14632_190655232615_190640227615_3071690_3299230_n.jpg

14632_190655302615_190640227615_3071700_8255795_n.jpg

14632_190655257615_190640227615_3071693_6192209_n.jpg

Yeah the crowd was pretty fucking annoying.

@Pessimism: I pretty much agree with your post (except there was only one song from the Mantle played). The sound on the Into the Painted Gray was terrible but after that it got much better (for the most part). I think I saw you, but I was completely sure so I didn't say anything :|

Pshaw, you should have said hi. I was looking for Unknown, but alas I did not find him. Once Agalloch started playing there was no way in hell I was getting up from my comfy front of the stage chair-down we had going on.

Yeah, I realized they played one song from the Mantle. I should rephrase that entire portion of the text:

"It surprised the hell out of me that the one song off The Mantle and the tracks off of Marrow completely curb-stomped the songs from Ashes in terms of sound quality."

I just got back from a swim at the beach with my dogs. Heading down south tomorrow for Christmas. Five days at Albany, a beautiful and quiet small coastal town 400km south of Perth.

The gayness of a woman body. Remember.

Every woman's body has certain amount of gayness that everybody should try to eliminate. This chick is really cool and I always touch her ass. She also likes to drink for the whole night and yesterday we ended up in some shithole bar at 5AM. It's a girl for me. Almost no gayness.

Currently thinking about various different possibilities for band names for a death/black metal band I want to start. My girlfriend helped me out with this tonight. She is an English grad student so she's familiar with some old English and whatnot and suggested a bunch of cool sounding names that have really fucking metal meanings. Kind of a weird way to come up with band names since girlfriends are highly unmetal but she seems to understand what sort of things will be acceptable and what things will be false/unmetal, so that's very good.

I have a whole concept of what I want this thing to be, and I even have some lyrical concepts worked out. I have riffs which might be described as the bastard child of Adramelech and Sacramentum. I need to find a drummer but at this point I'm so out of touch with the metal people in my area that it's difficult to recruit people. I plan on doing all guitars and vocals and possibly bass if I can be bothered to buy a bass and a suitable amp for that. Whatever, I just know that I need to make something that I'm proud of (a good demo or something) before I depart from my Earthly existence.