The work thread

Oh yeah, both are doing well.

The Piece has been having a pretty successful run at this place in town here called John and Peter's. There are problems with one of our members, and the guy who started the group has this fucking bizarre aversion to performing in Philly which is obviously a big hurdle. Other than that, it's going pretty well.

The other one, Angry People Building Things, is really starting to take off. We just had three shows in two nights this past week. Philly Imrpov Theater (PHIT) is a company that sponsors a lot of the improv in Philly, runs workshops and produces a lot of shows. PHIT rents out this theater called the Shubin for a week every month, and for a week there is improv there every night. Thursdays are competitive improv night, and at 10:00 they do Cagematch. As of last Thursday, we've won Cagematch for the past five months. The best news, though, is that had us doing one of the Friday main stage shows. As soon as we lose Cagematch, they'll start booking us for entire weekends.

and probably I will be engaged.

GAME-OVER.gif

Wow, I understand that post 80% better now, thank you.

I don't know Italian at all but apparently for these 2 terms it's quite similar to French.

In French when you're hired you're "engagé". And a "stage" is an internship. I was making the exact same mistakes before. I always hated the words that were really similar (or exactly the same) in French and English but didn't mean the same thing at all. :erk:

My friend said that some words in French and Spanish were the same but meant the opposite. I forget which words though.

So right now I'm feeling intern rage, where I'm not getting paid to do worthless shit that I don't learn anything from. It's a waste of my time, basically. I'm fine working for experience or whatever, but I gain nothing by writing down the names of books.

I see what you did there.

Usually if you have previous work experience, it's always better to put them on the references list than 2 professors or something

i hate the people i work with...

long story short: because i work with idiots who control my training, i'm not going to vegas and loosing about $800 in extra TDY pay.

FUCK
~gR~