The work thread

ouch.
not busy in the morning. usually busy in the afternoon. I have a few minutes now, then busy again.

Does anyone here feel like working full-time just makes most of your week seem like a total waste, because once you get off work you feel like doing nothing but sitting on your ass and doing nothing?

Personally I really hate it when I'm not doing something meaningful/productive with my free time. I'm pretty new to full-time work (it's been a kinda on-and-off thing with my internship), so I've just recently begun thinking about how important it is to have some sort of activity/hobby planned for weeknights so I'm not just dicking around on the internet five days a week.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this thought, and what (if anything) you've done about it.

Does anyone here feel like working full-time just makes most of your week seem like a total waste, because once you get off work you feel like doing nothing but sitting on your ass and doing nothing?

Personally I really hate it when I'm not doing something meaningful/productive with my free time. I'm pretty new to full-time work (it's been a kinda on-and-off thing with my internship), so I've just recently begun thinking about how important it is to have some sort of activity/hobby planned for weeknights so I'm not just dicking around on the internet five days a week.

You've described a year in my life

You mean the "dicking around on the internet five days a week" part? I imagine it describes most people's lives here - and not just on the work days either. I wouldn't expect everyone to share this concern of mine.

My parents always tell me that's what life basically is. I work 39 hours a week or so right now (the summer), so I know how you feel...I try to play video games in my spare time and shit.

I work 7 hours a day, 5 days a week. That leaves me enough time to get around. Unfortunately, most places to go are very far.

I've been having a lot of free time at work recently, but I don't come on here. I don't want someone walking in after Val meatspins me or something awful like that.
I just don't click links at work. But I feel guilty about being on here. Even though I ain't got shit to do.
Oh well.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this thought, and what (if anything) you've done about it.
I don't have enough time on work days to do nothing, but hopefully I'll be getting a five day a week 30 hr job and yeah, that may become a problem. I hope to maintain a rigid discipline with guitar practice, but we'll see.

That's usually how my life is during the summer. It's not that way at the moment though. I would work 40 hours per week out in 110-120 degree heat. Guess how I felt when I got home at the end of the day. Basically all I could ever bring myself to do after work was drink. I hate that crap. Days off were the only time where I could do something interesting/fulfilling.

This is why I'm trying to become a professor. All of my professors have awesome lives. They get summer off and they're always traveling all around the world going to different conferences and whatnot. All the while, they're actually doing what they love. Now that is the life. You see, that's the advantage of being smarter than the average schlub; you have way more opportunities. Most people are just going to have to spend their lives doing some dull, crap job for 40 hours per week or more.