These Guys Are Viking Metal, Right?

wow, a manowar theme thread metaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (do the high pitch voice).
A band that I think is power metal, is doomsword (from Italy), they sound real good. Somehow, I don't know why most power metal bands sing about knights, dragons,... and all the fantasy theme. While I might like the sound, the vocals in most power metal bands doesn't appeal to me. I can stand clean vocals in bands like Vintersorg, dark tranquility,... but not the whole high pitch power metal vocals.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
KPR and OPR are the same...

And I happen to have alot of fun on the Children Of Bodom boards! Great group of people!

i don't know why the fuck you act like a complete shitfuck on our board and then turn into a normal person in other boards, but get this: only a piece of the cob board thinks your idiotic spam is fun, and i really don't understand them, but on behalf of the rest of the board: FUCK YOU STUPID IMBECIL

Patric: I would file Nevermore, Gardenian, and Megadeth in the same category: Good frickin' Metal. If you want to get into specifics, I would call Nevermore ultra-heavy, ultra-talented grunge. Or maybe refined Thrash. Clean, but not high-pitched vocals, and the lack of cheese excludes Nevermore from the power metal category.

Megadeth started out as pure thrash, but evolved into weak heavy metal (or really heavy hard rock, depends on how you see it). Gardenian is one of those bands that started out as an In Flames clone, but are evolving into a Nevermore-esque band.

EFF- I agree 100% with you on the KPR/OPR issue. we had to deal with him at the megadeth boards, and man we got sick of his fruity pebbles and skittles BS.

If we are speaking of cheesy songs and vocals I think the winner for the highest vocals would have to be an Italian band called Domine, he sounds like a woman at some points.

Check them out, fave songs are...Ride Of The Valkyries, Dawn Of A New Day, Eternal Champion, Thunderstorm, Last Of The DragonLords.

The albums are based on the Lord Elrich saga, never read it, but apparently it's really good.

Back to topic, Viking metal owns, I like a bit of folk metal too, Suidakra and Skyclad. Elvenking are kinda of Pagan Metal, like a British equivilent of Viking Metal, because a British Viking Metal band would be a bit strange.

Eh guys I just saw a pic of these Finns Moonsorrow all in chainmail and covered in snow etc. describing their music as Epic Heathen metal or something. I reckon I should give it a try.

Yeah, I know of a couple of British Viking Metal bands.

Eye Of Odin are the main British band, but they are closesly associated with the SS symbolism are I think they may be Neo-Nazis or BNP (British National Party), never seen them, I think their last gig was raided because there was some big racist leader that the police were after.

I think it's strange anyway, singing songs about people who came over and raped and pillaged, the raping is why there is so much Viking blood about in the first place.

Fuck that, that's like Graveland and these Polish bands. btw, heard of the Polish skinhead who castrated himself cause his race was not Aryan enough?

Heavy Metal Samurai said:
Yeah, I know of a couple of British Viking Metal bands.

Eye Of Odin are the main British band, but they are closesly associated with the SS symbolism are I think they may be Neo-Nazis or BNP (British National Party), never seen them, I think their last gig was raided because there was some big racist leader that the police were after.

I think it's strange anyway, singing songs about people who came over and raped and pillaged, the raping is why there is so much Viking blood about in the first place.

not only because of the raping, a lot of vikings settled on the brittish islands, maninly danes i think.

OPR - You got banned from the Megadeth board (Fans Unite) because Ted (Silentscorn) a dick. Trust me. I was banned from there too. Just avoid doing all that skittle crap and you'll be cool.

^^^ All this racist stuff reminds me of the episode of the Dave Chapelle show where a blind black dude was in the KKK. :lol: