this forum used to rock

My point is that many of us frequent this forum now because we know each other, not because there is necessarily new Opeth news. Why not allow a little (at least metal) discussion among friends in between Opeth developments? If no one is interested, the thread will die a natural death anyway.

I think you guys take the whole thing too serious... Let's just have some fun. I'm tired of saying Opeth is not an endless subject matter especially not now. Everything will naturally get more on topic as soon as a new record, tour, etc. comes out. In the meantime, I think we should be able to freely talk about something not so directly having to do with Opeth. I have been here for a year now, and am still a newbie compared to other people here, and I've got so much used to seeing your names written on my computer that sometimes I would like to laugh with you about whatever other shit. But it seems this is not a place for personal relations, but just completely Opeth centered. I don't know; I really enjoyed Mikael posting the other day saying he was a reincarnation of Jesus. And I had a lot of fun with the Mikael-Jesus pictures. I think it's partly of what we need. In the forum there're serious threads, and jokes shouldn't be banished. It's up to you that this forum gets worse or better.

Demoke said:
I think you guys take the whole thing too serious... Let's just have some fun. I'm tired of saying Opeth is not an endless subject matter especially not now. Everything will naturally get more on topic as soon as a new record, tour, etc. comes out. In the meantime, I think we should be able to freely talk about something not so directly having to do with Opeth. I have been here for a year now, and am still a newbie compared to other people here, and I've got so much used to seeing your names written on my computer that sometimes I would like to laugh with you about whatever other shit. But it seems this is not a place for personal relations, but just completely Opeth centered. I don't know; I really enjoyed Mikael posting the other day saying he was a reincarnation of Jesus. And I had a lot of fun with the Mikael-Jesus pictures. I think it's partly of what we need. In the forum there're serious threads, and jokes shouldn't be banished. It's up to you that this forum gets worse or better.

I agree completely. Unfortunately, Annah and Opeth as a collective whole don't seem to.

Moonlapse said:
I agree completely. Unfortunately, Annah and Opeth as a collective whole don't seem to.

But even Mike was posting on the Jesus thread.
I really don't get it then.
Oh well!

Could be something to do with the Jesus thread not being off-topic.

Even so, I'm not going to defend their consistency as far as that goes. I've noticed in the old days that Mike used to post mainly on the relatively off-topic threads, yet now we aren't allowed to have them. 2 and 2 just aren't adding up, but I'm still here, and I still have to do my job as far as thread removal goes.

If Mike posted in that thread (which was really hilarious) it's because he enjoys it as much as we do, so I don't think delete threads who has nothing to do with this particular band should be "deleted" as well.
Let's have fun all of us...
Cheers to all (except Wolftribe lol lol lol, ok, he too) :kickass:
\m/
Luz.-

gatedropper said:
But even Mike was posting on the Jesus thread.
Oh well!

Well, if he comes on and sees a thread that interests him, he's gonna post obviously, regardless of how 'on-topic' it is. I think this strict stuff was mainly brought in to cut down on the incessant spam that plagued this place. Anna seemed to really have an issue with the spamsters from the off-topic days.

I'm not gunna quote Demoke because that rant takes up too much space... but lets just all imagine I did.

Valid points all round, but the rules are pretty clearly set. Anyway, I'd say half the fun around here is finding loopholes that allow us to talk about off-topics, under the pretense of a letitimate thread.

It's a little crazy around here at the moment, but if we don't go over the top, we should be able to maintain the current level of randomness that we seem to be enjoying.

Moonlapse said:
Well, if he comes on and sees a thread that interests him, he's gonna post obviously, regardless of how 'on-topic' it is. I think this strict stuff was mainly brought in to cut down on the incessant spam that plagued this place. Anna seemed to really have an issue with the spamsters from the off-topic days.

Hang in there, cause there ain't too many peeps that would want your job!
It's all good! Cept for SPAM and that sucks!