This place has turned into a Bitch Board

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
I used to post here every day, but ever since this whole reunion shit has surfaced, it seems that every Anthrax-related post has turned into a fucking slagging match between Belladonna - Bush "activists", who feel that their opinion on the reunion should be definitive.

OK - I have my opinion, and some of you have probably seen my posts about it, but, c'mon people - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! We're all Anthrax fans, for fuck's sake!!!! I for one am sick and tired of reading everyone slagging off one another endlessly, especially when (I'll say it again), we're all Anthrax fans. If you're not, then fuck right off.

At the moment it seems most of you would seem perfectly at home on a website devoted to who was right in the Brad Pitt / Jennifer Aniston split.

I say bring the bitching to an end.

timmyc said:
I used to post here every day, but ever since this whole reunion shit has surfaced, it seems that every Anthrax-related post has turned into a fucking slagging match between Belladonna - Bush "activists", who feel that their opinion on the reunion should be definitive.

OK - I have my opinion, and some of you have probably seen my posts about it, but, c'mon people - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! We're all Anthrax fans, for fuck's sake!!!! I for one am sick and tired of reading everyone slagging off one another endlessly, especially when (I'll say it again), we're all Anthrax fans. If you're not, then fuck right off.

At the moment it seems most of you would seem perfectly at home on a website devoted to who was right in the Brad Pitt / Jennifer Aniston split.

OH..............Quit your BITCHIN!!!!

:wave: :D

Well said - TAKING THE MUSIC (BOARD) BACK!!!!

The deal is this - nothing is confirmed yet apart from the fact the Reunion shows are happening and booked. Why not use this time to see a long ago version of Anthrax and enjoy some nostalgia! Sure we aren't saying you have to decide who is better, bush or belladonna but thats not what this is about - its about enjoying a band that some of us grew up with from a bygone time!

All misty eyed now!

And whatever the situation with John and Rob lets worry about that when it happens eh?

\m/

Dude, it all comes down to the fact that, yes, we are all Anthrax fans, and this is the biggest thing to happen since, well since they kicked out Joey to get John into the band. What do you think we are going to talk about? The band refuses to make any kind of statement on their own website. They have it shut down for nearly a month to make some sort of big announcement that everyone knew about anyway. Its just stupid.

I have nothing against Joey or Dan, its just Anthrax was 100 times better in 2003 and for the begging of 2004 (when they still had Bello). Watch Music Of Mass Destruction and tell me that you honestly think this reunion line-up can even come close to matching that band.

As a fan I do have a problem with Scott and Charlie in that they appear clueless and/or greedy in this manner. I have been following this band for 20 years now. I put up with the ridiculous cover of the I'm The Man EP, Scott's gay dancing on the Bring The Noise video, stupid, retarded faces in just about every picture they took back then, the awful outfits they wore (especially 88-89, check out the Anti-social video)
among other things. I admit, that this all seems childish and not important now, but when you are in school and your friends are bagging on your favorite band you want to stick up for them...but it was sometimes just too much. Things got better with POT (besides the aforementioned video) and with SOWN they totally redeemed themselves.

The last 12 years ruled, the band grew as I did and I think 2003-2004 was, as a fan, the best run of their career (besides Charlie's constant whining about this and that). It really seemed they were listening to the fans and doing things with us in mind. WCFYA is a masterpiece, the DVD was a fans dream, and they turned to us for input on GOTE, I even got to go see them perform in the studio. Then before you know it, Frankie is out (for whatever reason - I did see them with Vera and he was great), more complaining from Charlie, they do a terrible version of "Bring The Noise" with PE on VH1 Hip Hop awards, they make the worst video for a great song (Deathrider - what the hell was that?) And now they get rid of a great vocalist and an even better guy in John Bush and a perfect fit for guitar in Rob Caggiano (no matter what Scott says, I bet John is gone and I know Rob is)

Fact is, this ship is sinking and they are firing off their last flare. Its really a shame.

SaviourSelf said:
Dude, it all comes down to the fact that, yes, we are all Anthrax fans, and this is the biggest thing to happen since, well since they kicked out Joey to get John into the band. What do you think we are going to talk about? The band refuses to make any kind of statement on their own website. They have it shut down for nearly a month to make some sort of big announcement that everyone knew about anyway. Its just stupid.

I have nothing against Joey or Dan, its just Anthrax was 100 times better in 2003 and for the begging of 2004 (when they still had Bello). Watch Music Of Mass Destruction and tell me that you honestly think this reunion line-up can even come close to matching that band.

As a fan I do have a problem with Scott and Charlie in that they appear clueless and/or greedy in this manner. I have been following this band for 20 years now. I put up with the ridiculous cover of the I'm The Man EP, Scott's gay dancing on the Bring The Noise video, stupid, retarded faces in just about every picture they took back then, the awful outfits they wore (especially 88-89, check out the Anti-social video)
among other things. I admit, that this all seems childish and not important now, but when you are in school and your friends are bagging on your favorite band you want to stick up for them...but it was sometimes just too much. Things got better with POT (besides the aforementioned video) and with SOWN they totally redeemed themselves.

The last 12 years ruled, the band grew as I did and I think 2003-2004 was, as a fan, the best run of their career (besides Charlie's constant whining about this and that). It really seemed they were listening to the fans and doing things with us in mind. WCFYA is a masterpiece, the DVD was a fans dream, and they turned to us for input on GOTE, I even got to go see them perform in the studio. Then before you know it, Frankie is out (for whatever reason - I did see them with Vera and he was great), more complaining from Charlie, they do a terrible version of "Bring The Noise" with PE on VH1 Hip Hop awards, they make the worst video for a great song (Deathrider - what the hell was that?) And now they get rid of a great vocalist and an even better guy in John Bush and a perfect fit for guitar in Rob Caggiano (no matter what Scott says, I bet John is gone and I know Rob is)

Fact is, this ship is sinking and they are firing off their last flare. Its really a shame.
DITTO!!!
Note to Anthrax, if you are going to have a big "surprise" press conference, don't let the promoters start selling tickets a month before...... Some of the business decisions I've witnessed Scott and Charlie make since 1995 have made me
:erk: No, I don't know as much about the music biz as them, but when you bitch about a manager and a label, then switch, do the same, then switch, do the same, then slag the fans for not coming out to your shows....c'mon man. And a lot of us took up for them because they kept it real, the music that is. Then, a band who used to be innovators decided to do what every other band is doing: A REUNION. But it's not even that big of a reunion. It's a club tour reunion, so what's the point. Maiden, KISS, Priest, VH, these reunions made sense because mainstream america really did care. But the Anthrax reunion is just alienating their current fan base, and making Scott and Chas appear to be cutting off their nose to spite their face. This Anthrax reunion is no bigger than any of the ones the hair bands have done, except the hair bands probably made more money and looked less desperate, because they weren't still making good music, which ANTHRAX is or maybe was......

timmyc said:

Hmm, so 3 members are dropped off the Anthrax lineup and you expect people to not be upset? NOT GONNA HAPPEN

If there's going to be a reunion, it's obviously going to piss off some people who like the current lineup. And it's going to bring some fans of the older lineup back. They're going to say it rules. The others are going to say it sucks. Then they're going to hate each other. Then there's going to be some people sick of all the arguing between the two factions. There'd also be some people who don't care either way, because it's all Anthrax to them. Anyone could have predicted that.

jdelpi said:
Hmm, so 3 members are dropped off the Anthrax lineup and you expect people to not be upset? NOT GONNA HAPPEN

If there's going to be a reunion, it's obviously going to piss off some people who like the current lineup. And it's going to bring some fans of the older lineup back. They're going to say it rules. The others are going to say it sucks. Then they're going to hate each other. Then there's going to be some people sick of all the arguing between the two factions. There'd also be some people who don't care either way, because it's all Anthrax to them. Anyone could have predicted that.

No - I never said that I expect people to not be upset. I said that it's getting boring reading people on here slagging each other off endlessly.

I do know where you're coming from with all the arguing, Timmy.
BUT, this is the Anthrax board. If we want to priase Anthrax, this is the place to do it. If we want to bitch about Anthrax, this is the place to do it.
I say, keep the opinions coming. But no more schism toward each other.

TD said:
This is extremely mild compared to most any other bands message boards.

Yeah TD - that's true. But, I've always thought that's the beauty of this board. All differences of opinion aside, there's not too many wankers.

all i want is for anthrax to keep inspring me and making great music which exactly what they do time and time again,seeing the original line up is a dream come true for me and if they decide to take joey for there next record i wont mind one bit,just keep churning the music out and we will still be talking on this very site about anthrax in ten years time,they are survivors.

mrthrax said:
all i want is for anthrax to keep inspring me and making great music which exactly what they do time and time again,seeing the original line up is a dream come true for me and if they decide to take joey for there next record i wont mind one bit,just keep churning the music out and we will still be talking on this very site about anthrax in ten years time,they are survivors.
HA!
Joey in ten years will be in a retirement center!
And this
isn't the original line-up. That would involve a different lead vocalists and bass player.

Dude I have been saying that shit all along. I was sick of this the minute it started.

Besides, it does not matter who you prefer, have not most of us been listening since the early days anyway? I listen to both eras with a smile on my face. How can you say you like a band when you are only willing to listen to half of there careers worth of records? That's LAME!

"Oh yeah I love anthrax, but not there first 5 albums"

Or vice versa.

The only band who deserves that kind of fans is Metallica, as they really did just suck after the black album was said and done. So it's ok to say you only like there first few records.

I just sparked a whole nother argument about Metallica, didn't I?? :Spin:

TD said:
HA!
Joey in ten years will be in a retirement center!
And this
isn't the original line-up. That would involve a different lead vocalists and bass player.

i didnt say joey will necessarily still be in the band for the next ten years i was referring to anthrax,yes i know technically that it wasnt the original outfit but i regard the joey charlie scott frank danny line up to be the one that most anthrax fans on this board no doubt took notice of.

Thrillho said:
Dude I have been saying that shit all along. I was sick of this the minute it started.

Besides, it does not matter who you prefer, have not most of us been listening since the early days anyway? I listen to both eras with a smile on my face. How can you say you like a band when you are only willing to listen to half of there careers worth of records? That's LAME!

"Oh yeah I love anthrax, but not there first 5 albums"

Or vice versa.

The only band who deserves that kind of fans is Metallica, as they really did just suck after the black album was said and done. So it's ok to say you only like there first few records.

I just sparked a whole nother argument about Metallica, didn't I?? :Spin:

I'm not a big Metallica fan, but Metallica dont have Fired 60% of the band and 12 years later, Fired again 60% of the band to bring back the 60% of the band they had fired over the years!!

The WCFYA line-up is perfect!! It's a dangerous chance to take just for a cheezy reunion tour and maybe some money. They risk to lose the momentum and the credibility they won over the past years!