'Tis the season for black metal!

fotmbm said:
Note that the cover picture is in the The Return... booklet (and it's also the cover of Morannon's The Coming of our Armageddon demo)
I MUST hear these fellas, the more I hear about them the better they seem.
Here's part of what the promo flier sent to me says:

As a band, Damnation dates to 1989 yet this is their full length debut. Through an extensive series of solely produced and distributed demos, the band have amassed a worldwide cult following. With 'Destructo Evangelia', their devilish chants find the full-play forum and conquer all in its path. Bathory and Sarcofago, classics in the satanic black metal foray, serve as formidable inspiration to the known duo, with reported ties to Entombed, Merciless, and others.

The have a cover of Bathory's 'Armageddon' on the album as well.

I'll keep you posted on what I can find on them.

Nate The Great said:
ItNE was probably the first cold, grim black metal album I owned. So it has a special place in my heart. It's really hard for me not to like it simply based on that. Genre-introduction albums are always "the best" no matter what anybody can tell you.
Me too! I asked some BM fan once which album was highly considered to be the best, and I got ItNE.

And then I sat on it for about a year.

One day, it all fell into place. Icy cold mountains, armies marching across glaciers, howling winds, and the ambience of pure fucking majesty!!!

:heh: :kickass: :heh:

ItNE is not an album that people will get immediately. You really do need to find the key in your mind to unlock the wizardry!!! Hint: It normally shows itself during "Cosmic Keys...".

Was Watain this year? If so, then...

1. Drudkh - "Autumn Aurora"
2. Deathspell Omega - "Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice"
3. Watain - "Casus Luciferi"
4. Xasthur - "Telepathic With the Deceased"
5. Frost - "Talking to God"

This is: not considering Bergthron BM and recognizing that Blut Aus Nord wasn't released this year.

Black Winter Day said:
Was Watain this year? If so, then...

1. Drudkh - "Autumn Aurora"
2. Deathspell Omega - "Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice"
3. Watain - "Casus Luciferi"
4. Xasthur - "Telepathic With the Deceased"
5. Frost - "Talking to God"

This is: not considering Bergthron BM and recognizing that Blut Aus Nord wasn't released this year.
I have all those except Deathspell Omega. Considering I like all those about as much as you, I'll have to check out Deathspell Omega.

Are we calling Watain 2004? For some reason I thought it was 2003. I've been wrong before . . .

1. Drudkh - Autumn Aurora
2. Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
3. Hate Forest - Battlefields

Two are vaguely black metal, and the other was released last year. Win.

Okay, Watain is 2003. I checked (not that Erik isn't a walking BM encyclopaedia anyway).

Yeah Nate, you definitely need to hear DO. I think we had a thread on them somehwere back there... something about raping Bela Lugosi's corpse. :D Total satanic-ritual-spill-the-blood-archaic-evil BM... Only buy it if you have a big peepee.

JayKeeley said:
One day, it all fell into place. Icy cold mountains, armies marching across glaciers, howling winds, and the ambience of pure fucking majesty!!!
After reading your post, and your review (cool review), I decided to download this and try it on for size.

JayKeeley said:
ItNE is not an album that people will get immediately. You really do need to find the key in your mind to unlock the wizardry!!! Hint: It normally shows itself during "Cosmic Keys...".
I'll see if I can find it.

Zod