To download or not too?...

• Download all the tracks

Votes: 24 38.1%
  • Preview some of the tracks

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Waits for the official release

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
I always wait. Well, at least for albums I know I will buy. For some which I am just interested in, I will listen to a few and then decide. When you wait, it builds up the hype and tension.

Originally posted by Kiljaeden
I always wait. Well, at least for albums I know I will buy. For some which I am just interested in, I will listen to a few and then decide. When you wait, it builds up the hype and tension.
Same reason I always pull one before a date, lol. :D

At a very early age I got hooked on that fresh, plastic smell of a brand new CD. When you've been waiting a few months and then you open it up and it smells like cigarettes and lipstick from the factory it came from - ahhhh!

Right now I feel a strong urge to download it, cause I'm
in an Opeth buzz.... But I am pretty sure I will wait, the
reaction when finally holding the real thing in your hands
is much stronger and intense :eek:)

I'm listening to all the old ones again before I buy the new one. MAYH owns!

Anyway, I like it all. Orchid had that early Amorphis death sound, then they had a very steady evolution with each record. I can't wait to hear what they're up to lately!

I don't give a shit, I download everything I can get my hands on and then buy the official release the day it comes out. I use downloading for bootlegs, hard to find songs, leaked new releases from bands I like, and to preview bands to find out if I like them or not. If I really like something I download I will ALWAYS buy the original CD to have the packaging and to support the artist. I don't see anything wrong with that, what I do not like is when someone claims they love a band but then downloads their albums and doesn't buy the original. You're not supporting the band that way and that DOES hurt their sales...

Does anyone know for sure that Damnation has been leaked?
I dont think so. Mikael said that they pretty much on top of the cd preventing an early release. Only the band members and some other dude in the production has a copy if i recall correctly.

Originally posted by SkullFucker
I dont think so. Mikael said that they pretty much on top of the cd preventing an early release. Only the band members and some other dude in the production has a copy if i recall correctly.

Thats ok then. I think it spoils the release too much if it is leaked that early. Maybe a month or 3 weeks before the release date would be a little bit better.
I would, like I always do, d/l SOME track to see what they are like. I ALWAYS buy the official cd though, no matter what. Even if I dont like it that much, it's still good to support the underground :D

\m/

There is just no comparison between MP3's and a professionally produced, mastered CD.

Sure the MP3's sound pretty good, but you don't get the transitions between songs as they were intended, and the digital quality pales in comparison with CD. If I really like a band I always have to have a CD or, if I can find it, a record.

Vinyl! :headbang: