To the REAL musicians out there:

Mystique1721

bass solo, take one
Jul 31, 2006
Southern Cali
haven't you guys noticed that you're just wasting your time on this forum? i mean, i see that some of you have posted like 298762984698 times and i just wonder that if you're actually a musician, (not just some kid who thinks just because he picks up his bass/guitar once a week and plucks around on it for 10-15 minutes and maybe knows a Ramones song or two...or some easy riff by alexi, that he's really a bassist or guitarist) then aren't you just being useless reading all these stupid comments and threads? i mean half the forum here is all trash talk (haha, like i'm trash talking now :heh: ) and it's all about how fangirls and fanboys are stupid alexi lovers and blah blah blah. i came here looking for some actual conversation about the band's music, sharing ideas on how to improve your guitar playing, sharing some of alexi's technique...just more stuff about COB's music. but every time i come here, i realize that, "wow, i'm wasting so much time on this forum. i should be practicing right now!" and yeah, i admit, this forum can be a teensy bit addicting, like a soap opera or something (i mean hey, reading all this trash talk can be fun, for a while)...but anyway, yeah...i just wanna know how all you REAL musicians feel about wasting time on stupid internet shit like this.

I feel the same way. I actually have a tab thread going if you wanna look through that, it has some cool tabs that a few of us transcribed. Also, maybe a guitar help thread for musicians to ask about technique and what not. I dno.

But I sit here alot thinking I should be practising and I wish I was.

not just some kid who thinks just because he picks up his bass/guitar once a week and plucks around on it for 10-15 minutes and maybe knows a Ramones song or two...or some easy riff by alexi, that he's really a bassist or guitarist

*Looks over shoulder*

...Where the hell did you put the camera?

Honestly, my problem is that I have ADD - or something. I just can't keep a guitar in my hands. Sometimes I'll want to play it really bad, but after 10-15 minutes I just get disgusted (maybe because I feel like I can't get this new riff right, or maybe because I'm just playing the same old shit.)
But for whatever reason, it affects me and if it continues this way I don't think I'll ever really be able to be a musician.
Guitar is my passion but there's a mental block there that I just have to figure out how to get around.

you're a new user, so i don't know how you came to this conclusion. But, if you wanna talk music or guitars, pm me and i'll give you my msn.

edit: and twitchy, ADD is no excuse. I suffer for i also but manage to play for hours and a time.

I dont have like a bjillion posts but I do play my guitar alot. I kinda do see your point cause it takes forever to get alot of posts but these guys have been on for a very long time. Besides, who in the fuck would sacrifice guitar practice to stay on this forum all day? I know I wouldnt

While you spend 20 hours/day guitar playing others go to school and learned to write with capitals to make long texts readable. It's cool if you can earn decent money with it, but guess what, you're probably not! Guitarplaying is like this forum, it's pure for fun. I pick up my guitar and play a bit and put it back on the wall again.

I play guitar 2 hours a day....and sometimes this forum comes in useful, when u need advice buying new gear or whatever, ppl like homer of Wa_Blade know a lot more than me about that kinda stuff.

U just have to know who to listen to

I'm not really a guitarist. I sometimes pick up my guitar but it's not enough to be really good.
But I sing alot. I practise 2,5 h a week in a local choir and I'm always singing along with lyrics. Next shoolyear I'm gonna take some extra singing lessons too.

ive been playing guitar for over 3 years now, but im not constantly playing it, i dont see how people can play for 5 or more hours a day, most of the time i have to much going on, or after maybe an hour at a point, i just get bored and want to do something else