Tonight's Decision?

Niklas

Dead By Xmas
Feb 5, 2003
Dorset,UK
is it katatonia's softest album? because i really like the material on it, what other albums have they done that are as soft, because i prefer it to stuff like viva emptiness (although that is still very good) i think tonights decision is a masterpiece

??

Discourage ones at first sight is a great album...but after several times that you listened it....you can bore..LFDGD is a great album...you always listen it..lile VE

I've heard some people claim LFDGD is their heaviest album. TD is pretty depressing, I wouldn't call it soft.

i would'nt say that TD is soft. depressing more like.
DO is probably the most elusive fucker ever by the way. i have never seen it at any store(talking stockholm underground now...) and i have still neveer found it. you guys now any good sites?
need it! :yell:

Den Vengeance said:
I agree with you but what is his actual decision?

If you're talking about it being their softest album,I think that it's on the line there with Last Fair Deal Gone Down for the softest album...

If you're talking about the guy in the cover of Tonight's Decision/in the sleeve artwork he most likely gets killed by the train...

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. :loco:

Yeah, what is the Tonight's Decision concept/theme? I never found that out. I think he murders someone, but some parts seem to be about suicide.

Guardian of Darkness said:
Yeah, what is the Tonight's Decision concept/theme? I never found that out. I think he murders someone, but some parts seem to be about suicide.

I don't really think that there's a concept...if there is,then it's not a very bullet-proof one. A theme would be a better word for it...the whole album is pretty gloomy,murderous and depressing. The artwork pretty much concludes songs like For My Demons,I Am Nothing,In Death,A Song and No Good Can Come Of This.

Tonight's Decision is the most depressing one for me...and yes Demonspell,Right Into The Bliss is so good. It's depressing and relieving at the same time...the chorus especially makes me feel good,though it's basically about killing yourself and letting it all go. I guess I just have my alternative/happier interpretation for some days and the usual for the others. :) The guitars are also pretty positive in that song.

'And you try to speak this
Without a voice down by a black road
We try to forget and try to make it through'

Also Nightmares By The Sea fits that album like a glove.

When I listened for the first time to "Tonight's Decision", I felt a lil' bit disappointed. Probably bcs I considered "Discouraged Ones" as one of my absolute fave ever and I thought that the band couldn't do better. But it was just an impression in the beginning, bcs after repeated listenings, I have to say that I've also appreciated this record and songs as "I am nothing" or "In death, a song" are definitely two of the most beautiful ever composed.
By the way, if I had to choose a record of Katatonia which I consider just a lil' bit lower than their usual standards, unfortunately would be this, but not bcs is the softiest anyway.