Top 10 Albums of All Time

Remember, this is personal taste. If I wanted to make a list of the top 10 most important albums, I'd have to consider their influence, and that would be impossible. Here's my top 10 favorites at the moment:

1. Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
2. Zero Hour - The Towers of Avarice
3. Nevermore - Dreaming Neon Black
4. Spastic Ink - Ink Complete
5. Aghora - Aghora
6. Cynic - Focus
7. Evereve - The Stormbirds
8. Metallica - ...And Justice For All
9. Forbidden - Distortion
10. Thought Industry - Songs For Insects

Mmmm, baby, I get all wet just thinking about these CDs.

jimbobhickville said:
Remember, this is personal taste. If I wanted to make a list of the top 10 most important albums, I'd have to consider their influence, and that would be impossible. Here's my top 10 favorites at the moment
I know this is all our personal taste, but I'm not sure if I understand how "top 10 favorite albums at the moment" equals "top 10 favorite metal albums of all time"? That has to span across all metal albums you've heard since you fell in love with the genre. To me, I have to take into consideration what these albums meant to me back then, which albums I've listened to the most (and enjoyed over and over), which albums have specific personal meaning, blah blah.

If I did top 10 albums of the moment, my list would be completely different.

I've been listening to metal for around 19 years (off and on). How am I supposed to make a top 10 list? I need therapy. :loco: o_O
lol .. so do I!

Mostly old school here:

SLAYER - Reign in Blood
IRON MAIDEN - Live after Death
POSSESSED - Seven Churches
SEPULTURA - Beneath the Remains
KREATOR - Pleasure to Kill
DECAPITATED - Nihility
DREAM THEATER - Images and Words
DEATH - Leprosy
METALLICA - Master of Puppets
METALLICA - Kill'em All

As much as I love Negura Bunget, they still need to release a very consistently awesome record from start to finish, to make my Top 10

JayKeeley said:
I know this is all our personal taste, but I'm not sure if I understand how "top 10 favorite albums at the moment" equals "top 10 favorite metal albums of all time"? That has to span across all metal albums you've heard since you fell in love with the genre. To me, I have to take into consideration what these albums meant to me back then, which albums I've listened to the most (and enjoyed over and over), which albums have specific personal meaning, blah blah.

If I did top 10 albums of the moment, my list would be completely different.
I think he means "top 10 list of all time at the moment". If that makes sense. :p

yeah, I meant at this particular moment in time that is my top 10 all-time list. I didn't mean to say that I didn't put any thought into it, it is a list I've had for a while and I modify as I see fit. All I meant was I didn't think my top 10 list was THE top 10 most important metal releases, just my top 10 favorites. Does that make sense?

Sorry for the confusion.

Machine Head - The More Things Change needs to be in my list, a stunning album that took me years to appreciate it as a masterpiece.

Oh yeah, I do. They were one of my favorite bands for a long time and Burn My Eyes was my favorite MH for years (and definitely a contender for top 10 metal as well), but TMTC became my favorite a year or two ago. Something about it really clicked with me after years of considering it real average. I think it's the end of Blood of the Zodiac, Rob's final screams in that give me the chills.

My one gripe about Burn My Eyes: Davidian, Old, and A 1000 Lies are just SO FREAKIN' GOOD that the rest of the album, even how great it is, kinda pales. Does that make any sense?

Fuborump! (Fuckin' Bored Bump)

1. Tool - ÆNIMA
2. Danzig 4p
3. George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

Then a 10-way tie for 4th place.

Supertramp - Crime of the Century
The Police - Synchronicity
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Carcass - Heartwork
Morbid Angel - Domination
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
King Crimson - Larks' Tongues in Aspic
Red Hot Chili Peppers - BloodSugarSexMagick

EDIT: Just remembered this is supposed to be metal top 10. Well I don't give enough of a shit about this to make a new thread. :loco:

Cool, as long as I've stayed consistent.

Like I said, fuborump. Or whatever. I'm painfully full of a superlarge lunch and can't accomplish much work today.

Black Winter Day said:
I think mine was all-metal. Here's my list of all time (changes every minute):

1) MARILLION - Misplaced Childhood
2) GENESIS - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
3) TYPE O NEGATIVE - October Rust
4) OCEAN MACHINE - Biomech
blah blah blah, I'll finish the rest l8r

Maybe I can do this now...

In no order:
MARILLION - Misplaced Childhood
GENESIS - Selling England By the Pound
COMUS - First Utterance
DEVIN TOWNSEND - Terria
KAYO DOT - Choirs of the Eye
ARCTURUS - La Masquerade Infernale
ULVER - Bergtatt
JANE'S ADDICTION - Ritual de lo Habitual
MEGADETH - Rust in Peace
BATHORY - Hammerheart

others: AGALLOCH - The Mantle, GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR! - Lift Yr. Skinny Fists, OCEAN MACHINE - Biomech, TYPE O NEGATIVE - October Rust, AMORPHIS - Elegy

I guess classical don't count.