Enslaved
Opeth
Sigh
Pelican
Arcane Sun
The Chasm
In Flames
Devin Townsend

Honourable mentions: Mithras, Intestine Baalism, Demigod, Demilich, !T.O.O.H.!, Septic Flesh, Rotting Christ, Ophthalamia, Aeternus, Isis, Agalloch, Monolithe, Umbra Nihil, Shape of Despair, Symbyosis, Disillusion, Subterranean Masquerade, Omnium Gatherum, Dark Tranquillity, Dan Swanö, Skyfire, Garden of Shadows, Eucharist and Unexpect.

Bathory
Mercyful Fate
Venom
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Celtic Frost
Manilla Road
Brocas Helm
Doomsword
Holy Terror

The first 7 are permanent, I'd imagine. The rest are just currently.

misfit said:
However, my favourite albums at the moment;

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Bathory - Twilight of the Gods
Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta - Fathers of the Icy Age
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams
Nachtfalke - As the Wolves Died

And GoD was banned? Guess Deron finally got fed up with that childish bickering of his. He was pretty harmless, though...

Crimson Velvet said:
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Bathory - Twilight of the Gods
Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta - Fathers of the Icy Age
Sepultura - Schizophrenia
Skepticism - Stormcrowfleet
Deströyer 666 - Phoenix Rising
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams

And GoD was banned? Guess Deron finally got fed up with that childish bickering of his. He was pretty harmless, though...

What do you think about Bathory's Blood Fire Death? I have always prefered death/thrash than black metal but I found some Bathory songs to be interesting.

And I'd say Sepultura's Schizophrenia to be their best work.

I agree with Blood Fire Death being Bathory's best work. Obviously if you prefer thrash / death, you're more inclined to prefer BFD, purely due to its thrashier feel. Songs like A Fine Day to Die, Pace 'til Death and the title track absolutely dominate.

@ Crimson Velvet: Your second list is remarkably similar to mine - I have also been listening to Candlemass a lot lately (although it has been EDM*, not Ancient Dreams). Good taste :p

I also agree about "Blood Fire Death" being Bathory's best, but I've been finding myself spinning "Twilight of the Gods" a lot lately. "Blood and Iron" and "Hammerfall", in particullar, are two AMAZING songs! But if you check out my Audioscrobbler, you'll see that songs from "Blood Fire Death" and "Hammerheart" are definite favorites.

And misfit, you'll find that my list are perhaps closer to yours than you think. I've been listening to a lot of Bruce Dickinson, Summoning and Burzum, as well! :)

And as for Candlemass, I've actually listened to "Nightfall" and "DEM", as well as "Ancient Dreams", but I just chose one for my list. Good taste? Nah... Flawless taste, is more like it! :p

in no particular order

Opeth
Burzum
In Flames (old)
Cephalic Carnage
Dark Tranquillity
Emperor
Cynic
Agalloch
Blind Guardian
Between the Buried and Me

Life Sucks said:
You have good taste. Primordial, Graveland, Scald (Ireland), Arcane Sun, and Nokturnal Mortum are all among my top 20 favorite bands.

Nice to see another fan of Scald and Arcane Sun. Hopefully the code666 release of Scald's next one will give them a little more support (they were always DIY) so they can release their next full-length in a timely manner. I know Paul wanted to release a fancy 2-disc comp of all their demos, but it was put on hiatus because of financial difficulties.

OK, I'm bored. Most played albums of the moment:

Red Sparowes - At the Soundless Dawn
Pelican - The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw
Jesu - Heartache
Bal-Sagoth - Starfire Burning...
Jesu - Jesu
Sepultura - Chaos AD
Spiritual Beggars - Demons
Destroyer 666 - Terror Abraxas
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung

Atheist
Immolation
Bathory
Coroner
Nocturnus
Immortal
Varathron
Silencer
Asphyx
Watchtower

changes daily

Nocturnus The Key \m/. What about blood on ice, that fucking rules, the intro of the title track just mega, one eye old man, hes like a fucking idol if only i could meet him and then yell YEAHHHHH in his face after he speaks his wisdom.

J. said:
OK, I'm bored. Most played albums of the moment:

Sodom - In The Sign Of Evil/Obsessed By Cruelty
Saint Vitus - V
Raven - Rock Until You Drop
Witchfynde - Give 'Em Hell
Crypt Of Kerberos - World Of Myths
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta I: Fathers Of The Icy Age
Sabbat - History Of A Time To Come
Jag Panzer - The Fourth Judgement
Jag Panzer - The Age Of Mastery
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare

hard one in no particular order though...
Nokturnal Mortum
Summoning
Navicon Torture Technologies
Kayo Dot/Maudlin of the Well
Nevermore
My Dying Bride
Throbbing Gristle
King Crimson
Mahavishnu Orchestra
probably a tie between Axis of Perdition and Suffocation oh godamn Melek-Tha just came on... gotta add them

J Mann said:
It's shit like this that doesn't help the quality of the board at all(along with posters like blackmetaltyrant). Some of those bands are quality metal, whether they're extremely popular in the metal world or not.

threads like this dont help the quality of the board at all

:headbang: I dont listen so many bands so i just tell u 3.

1. TestAmenT(of course)
2. Metallica
3. Iron Maiden

and by the way any TestAmenT fans around???

MURAI said:
And I'd say Sepultura's Schizophrenia to be their best work.

Didn't see this part of your comment before now.

I think "From the Past Comes the Storms" is perhaps their best song, but I find "Beneath the Remains" to be a stronger album overall.