Top 10 favourite bands

Probably because HE WASN'T BEING SERIOUS IN HIS POST WHICH J MANN WANTED OUT OF THIS THREAD TO BOOST THE "QUALITY OF THE BOARD" (as his post does imply...although Erik was being witty and had me chuckling).

Stop being a my pals.

emperor
psypheria
cephalic carnage
enslaved
dissection
impaled
exhumed
blind guardian
thyrfing
borknagar
~gR~

I seriously dont think he is. He's like the greys

Øjeblikket said:

The Kronos Quartet is quite amazing. I saw them perform Sun Rings last April. They're particularly useful for finding unique world and avant composers that one would have trouble finding elsewhere. Of particular note is their album Dark Angel, which has a chilling rendition of Shostakovich's string quartet no. 8, and their collection of Schnittke and Glass works.

Astral Poetry said:
The Kronos Quartet is quite amazing. I saw them perform Sun Rings last April. They're particularly useful for finding unique world and avant composers that one would have trouble finding elsewhere. Of particular note is their album Dark Angel, which has a chilling rendition of Shostakovich's string quartet no. 8, and their collection of Schnittke and Glass works.

That is some nice work.

I have missed their live performances twice now. Once in Portland, Oregon and once in Seattle. I had the chance to see both with my girl, but I missed both shows because of my work, which was in Phoenix at the time. There could be no other excuse except that I am broke, and have to work when I get it. :confused:

What really like totally sucks is that they performed "the cusp of magic" at their Seattle show and I wasn't there to hear it.

I'll write down your recommend (the Shostakovich's string quartet no. 8, since I have the dark angel) if you remember -- schubert's death and the maiden. You may already know this piece.

another one to compare is Gorecki's Already it is Dusk.

seriously,
james.
hi

Septic Flesh
Arcturus
Borknagar
Solefald
Taake
Opera IX(mostly because the black opera album)
Samael(the old stuff)
Megadeth(classic era)¨
Atrox
My Dying Bride

Øjeblikket said:
That is some nice work.

I have missed their live performances twice now. Once in Portland, Oregon and once in Seattle. I had the chance to see both with my girl, but I missed both shows because of my work, which was in Phoenix at the time. There could be no other excuse except that I am broke, and have to work when I get it. :confused:

What really like totally sucks is that they performed "the cusp of magic" at their Seattle show and I wasn't there to hear it.

I'll write down your recommend (the Shostakovich's string quartet no. 8, since I have the dark angel) if you remember -- schubert's death and the maiden. You may already know this piece.

another one to compare is Gorecki's Already it is Dusk.

seriously,
james.
hi

I was just lucky enough to be in Austin visiting family around the time that they would be touring there. I've heard neither Schubert's death and the maiden, or Gorecki's Already it is Dusk, so there's something to look foward to. You should look into their work with Steve Reich if you haven't yet, as it can be very interesting (though Different Trains is a bit too sympathetic at points, I'd start with Triple Quartet). I just recently picked up their newest release, Mugam Sayagi, which is quite fulfilling overall I believe.

Heres my top 10. (not in any particular order)
Slipknot
Lamb of God
Atreyu
Children of Bodom
Soilwork
The Bled
In Flames
Soil
Cradle of Filth
Avenged Sevenfold

Damn, this is VERY tough man. I SERIOUSLY gave this quite alot of thought, actually. So here we go, in order it'll probably be like this;

1. :headbang: Sum 41
2. Linkin Park
3. Ulver
4. KoRn
5. The Darkness
6. Metallica (new metallica)
7. Evanescence
8. Opeth
9. Limp Bizket
10. Duran, Duran

It was tough, because I honestly tried to be pretty "varied" with my list.

Oh noes, I'm making a serious post in a shit thread...!

1. Agalloch
2. Silencer
3. Burzum
4. Emperor
5. Ulver
6. Taake
7. Opeth
8. Nazxul
9. Dødheimsgard
10. Kyuss

Changes very often though...

^ lol man.....:eek: I was hoping someone wouldn't take notice of that.

it was all in good fun actually. And nah, I'm not a troll.

TRUE LIST is indeed in my top band list....in no specific order.