Top 10 most significant moments in Metal

Randy Rhoads joining Ozzy's Blizzard of Ozz and giving Ozzy a new lease on life and music after Sabbath and coming out with two classic albums .. Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman... Randy Rhoad's Death and Cliff Burton's death which was mentioned and changed Metallica's direction and sound forever for the worst...

Dee Snarl said:
US Festival

100_1354.jpg

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Dee Snarl said:
US Festival

Brought to you by the good folks at Apple.

The venue, for those interested in history, is now the site of the Hyundai Pavillion Amphitheater. The stage is on the same location as the stage for the US Festival, though they've since added about 10,000 seats.

sumairetsu said:
Brought to you by the good folks at Apple.

The venue, for those interested in history, is now the site of the Hyundai Pavillion Amphitheater. The stage is on the same location as the stage for the US Festival, though they've since added about 10,000 seats.

and I haven't been there since the US show. I still haven't seen the venue so I'll always remember it as a vast wasteland of dirt and metalheads!:headbang:

WOW Kitty!! You were at the US Fest? Very cool. I was just watching the Crue show from that the other day (thanks Sixx). They sounded like ass but it's cool to see them in their SATD outfits. I also have the Missing Persons show which is GREAT!!

kittybeast said:

Consuming Impulse said:
Actually Anthrax created thrash. They formed before Slayer and Metallica.

I'm willing to make the arguement that Overkill created Thrash, starting with doing Punk songs with more emphasis on intensity and riffs along with Motorhead and Priest covers, and recording "Unleash The Beast Within", which was months before the first recording of "Hit The Lights".

kittybeast said:
and I haven't been there since the US show. I still haven't seen the venue so I'll always remember it as a vast wasteland of dirt and metalheads!:headbang:

Well, it's still that way when the Ozzfest goes through there. However, like the dirt, the metalhead's count continues to decline in numbers.

No 1: Tony Iommi cuts off the tips of the two middle fingers of his left hand in a factory accident. He manufactures plastic tips to replace them, and down-tunes the strings to ease playing...

Progthing said:
No 1: Tony Iommi cuts off the tips of the two middle fingers of his left hand in a factory accident. He manufactures plastic tips to replace them, and down-tunes the strings to ease playing...

Actually, it was his right hand. The downtuning didn't occur until much later.