TOP 25 ALBUMS OF THE DECADE

just tell me which one goes for the balls and I'll take that one.
save me the tree hugging snoozefests.

reviewing stupid prog shit with falkenbach and scandinavian black metal references. cool. i have a "ta det lugnt" sticker if you want it.

reviewing stupid prog shit with falkenbach and scandinavian black metal references. cool. i have a "ta det lugnt" sticker if you want it.

Not prog. EDIT: in fact there is none of it on this list at all.

ZOD: thanks for listening.

Is anyone else doing this thing other than me and Erik?

einride said:
never heard them, but i don't like prog so anything i have never heard must be prog

:lol:

einride said:
really. i thought you made it abundantly clear that anyone who doesn't do this is a big dumby and needs to get out

"Dummy" is the preferred spelling I believe.

I can't wait to check out most of these recos dude! You'll pardon my reaction to your Ashes Against the Grain worship, I just genuinely fail to see the greatness in that album, and have since its release. I wanted very much to like it as much as PF, The Mantle, Of Stone Wind and Pillor, etc. But really, you must concede that it is different enough in approach from their older material that one could quite realistically be a fan of one and not the other.

Also, I'm guessing that prog or not, Erik probably wouldn't like Ta Det Lugnt. But really, I always thought Stadsvandringar was a far superior album. Never heard their older one, or anything newer than TDL. Am I missing out?

I can't wait to check out most of these recos dude! You'll pardon my reaction to your Ashes Against the Grain worship, I just genuinely fail to see the greatness in that album, and have since its release. I wanted very much to like it as much as PF, The Mantle, Of Stone Wind and Pillor, etc. But really, you must concede that it is different enough in approach from their older material that one could quite realistically be a fan of one and not the other.

Also, I'm guessing that prog or not, Erik probably wouldn't like Ta Det Lugnt. But really, I always thought Stadsvandringar was a far superior album. Never heard their older one, or anything newer than TDL. Am I missing out?

I agree to an extent. Ashes definitely isn't as strong as past material.

Downloaded that Weakling for the first listen in ages (don't have a tape deck and haven't for quite a while), thanks for making me do that. First thoughts (other than that it's still really really good, after half a song or so) is that this doesn't really sound or feel like black metal, and it's not about satan, so genre nazi mike motörbike says it's not black metal.

Downloaded that Weakling for the first listen in ages (don't have a tape deck and haven't for quite a while), thanks for making me do that. First thoughts (other than that it's still really really good, after half a song or so) is that this doesn't really sound or feel like black metal, and it's not about satan, so genre nazi mike motörbike says it's not black metal.

Whatever it is it still fucking SLAYS