Top 5 Favourite bands (to get an idea of range)

Originally posted by Don Corleone
esoteric?????? that goddam boring doom band? you must be kidding me!
Well, some like it, some don't.
And I definitely do. I think they're brilliant. And far from boring.
But hey, this is taste, right?
The nice thing about Esoteric is that you can listen to them zillions of times and discover something you haven't heard before every time.

I hope their new album will be out soon. It's been sooooo long since the last one :(

1.Anathema(as ye sow,so shall ye weep)

2.The Smashing Pumpkins(you blame yourself for what you can't ignore,you blame yourself fro wanting more...)

3.Iron Maiden(PROWLEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!)

4.Amorphis(so lonely to wander,so sad to be alone,in the mist of the unknown,trying to fool myslef with dreams that never come true...)

5.Antimatter

6.Placebo(ooooooops!!!!!that's not metal enough!and it's also number six!soRRy,can't help it;6 is better than 5)

as for top 5 fave singers(as many of you people mentioned singers when the question referred to bands-or am i just blonde?-)these have to be

1.Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!(Omar:worship: )
2.Loreena Mc Kennitt(goddess)
3.Jewel Kilcher
4.Alanis Morissette
5.Me best mate,Sophia P.(she kicks ass,honestly)

thats true. but it still doesnt change the fact that song is boring. it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo doomy that you didnt even understand whatever the fuck the vocalist was saying...it was the most boring piece of music i had heard in my life. even more boring than sleep's "jerusalem"

Originally posted by D Mullholand

you're the second person who brings up this band here... great music. i suspect many fans of Anathema will love them.

shIIIIIIIIIIIIt!!!!!!how the hell could i forget Tindersticks!!!!!!A great band,definitely,indubitably in the top five!Their live back on the 14th of november,1999,was my fave along with the Anathema one on the 24th of January,2002!their live performances are a real dream!*cheese*

Originally posted by Don Corleone
thats true. but it still doesnt change the fact that song is boring. it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo doomy that you didnt even understand whatever the fuck the vocalist was saying...it was the most boring piece of music i had heard in my life. even more boring than sleep's "jerusalem"
Now THAT is a reference ;)

Anyway, vocalist of Esoteric is veeeery difficult to understand indeed. Reason for that is that he likes to play with effects. So he has some pedals next to his mic, and a kind of synth/distortion box. So he's trying to use his voice as an instrument too.

And to be honest: first time I heard Esoteric I was kinda disappointed. I had heard so much talking about them that I was really looking forward to it. And first time when I listened an Esoteric album, I just couldn't cope with the complexity of it all. But after a good bunch of listens, it really starts growing on you.

Listening to Esoteric can be dangerous though. I have a weird experience of self-hypnosis by listening to "Metamorphogenesis". Now every time I listen to Esoteric, I watch out for the condition I'm in before listening ;)

BTW, Daan:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! :D

Originally posted by Heiko

Now THAT is a reference ;)

Anyway, vocalist of Esoteric is veeeery difficult to understand indeed. Reason for that is that he likes to play with effects. So he has some pedals next to his mic, and a kind of synth/distortion box. So he's trying to use his voice as an instrument too.

And to be honest: first time I heard Esoteric I was kinda disappointed. I had heard so much talking about them that I was really looking forward to it. And first time when I listened an Esoteric album, I just couldn't cope with the complexity of it all. But after a good bunch of listens, it really starts growing on you.

Listening to Esoteric can be dangerous though. I have a weird experience of self-hypnosis by listening to "Metamorphogenesis". Now every time I listen to Esoteric, I watch out for the condition I'm in before listening ;)

BTW, Daan:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! :D

all right like i said i'll give thm a few more listens.

and as to that self-hypnosis experience you have, i have the same expeience when im listening to burzum.