Top 5 Favourite bands (to get an idea of range)

Originally posted by Don Corleone
give me a break, bambi.

yes, i have every cranberries album, including a CD full of vidoes.
their last release sux ass, though.

bu their "to the faithful departed" is a killer.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
give me a break, bambi.

yes, i have every cranberries album, including a CD full of vidoes.
their last release sux ass, though.

bu their "to the faithful departed" is a killer.

Did you hear the songs : "Wake up and smell the coffee" or "This is the day" or "Never grow old" ? (I really like the combination of the guitar and piano in the last one though it's very simple. Pity it's only at the beginning)

I don't like every song from the last album (F.e. Analyse is a kind of cover of Dreams but it can't give you the same feeling) but that three ones are really good :)
Maybe women can understand this album only ? :p

Originally posted by mehdi.i.e.e.e

i do. i only have the 'no need to argue' album tho, i don't know about the others. i really like some of the stuff on this album, but some other tracks are a bit too cheesy for me, or not catchy enough, which is quite a shame for a pop song. but all in all it's a good pop album, with a really cool voice work.

peace,
mehdi

I would never call The Cranberries pop.. Why does it have to be catchy ??

Sorry for the long thread I posted :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ghostie

Did you hear the songs : "Wake up and smell the coffee" or "This is the day" or "Never grow old" ? (I really like the combination of the guitar and piano in the last one though it's very simple. Pity it's only at the beginning)

I don't like every song from the last album (F.e. Analyse is a kind of cover of Dreams but it can't give you the same feeling) but that three ones are really good :)
Maybe women can understand this album only ? :p

hey, i thought that too. one of my female friends said she loved the album!

I watched that Maiden cover just yesterday and it’s great:worship:!Maybe the Simpsons medley is not quite as mature as I expected but it’s not ’Theater or is it?..:p
And yes King Crimson are great too..Guess this makes me their third fan in this forum..well, maybe the fourth.. :)
As for Yes I know very little..I had one of their double CDs (can’t remember which one) but one of my mates nicked it as a result of me nicking one of his Steve Hillage albums..Sad what mates can do to each other..Maybe one day I’ll give it back to him…Only problem we live in different places now..:cry:

Anyway my favourite 5 bands:
Anathema (another surprise)

New Model Army

Ozric Tentacles

Also in no particular order: Antimatter, Thin Lizzy, (old) Metallica, Sacred Reich, Testament, (not all) Megadeth, Annihilator, Radio Birdman, Voivod, Coroner, Sanctuary, Savatage, Death, Obituary, Carcass, Atheist, Pestilence, early Gorefest, Grip Inc., (old) Paradise Lost, MyDyingBride, Tuxedomoon, Tool, Stiff Little Fingers, Middle Fingers, Porcupine Tree, Lorrena McKennitt, Tiamat, Amorphis, Mazy Star, some Fear Factory, Therapy?, Inca Santiago, The Holy Barbarians, Sisters of Mercy, The Mission, The Fields of the Nephilim, Garden of Delight, Dead Can Dance, Skyclad, Fate’s Warning, Blind Gurdian, Led Zeppelin, Sabbath, The Haunted, Emperor, Kreator, Helloween, early Scorpions, Agnostic Front, Orange Goblin, Spiritual Beggars, Iggy Pop, Puressence, The Sound, Wishbone Ash, Gong, Iron Maiden, Warlord, WarriorSoul, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Pearl Jam, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Man or Astroman?, early Gn’R, some Motley Crue, almost all Motorhead, Ramones, Killing Joke, Fuzztones, The Last Drive, Rory Galagher, Wim Mertens(not sure the spelling is right), Ed A. Johnson, In the Woods, Cave and the bad seeds, Neil Young, Syd Barrett, Tory Amos (only the Pink album), Smashing Pumpkins, (not all) The Black Crowes, Radiohead, Mogwai, RATM, Frank Zappa, Homo Iratus, The Crown, Pantera, The Tea Party, Our Lady Peace, The Cure, Theatre of Tragedy (only the two albums that remind of anathema), The Jesus Lizard, Temple of the Dog, Stone Temple Pilots, Mad Season, Dirty Three, Primal Scream, Spiritualied,The Waterboys, Edgar Broughton’s Band, Diamanda Galas, Cathedral, (early) TON, (not all) Monster Magnet, Hawkwind, Kyuss, Steve Ray Vaugn, Joy Division, a few NIN, The Blood Divine, Dreambreed, Lungworm, Septic Flesh, Schoenberg, some government-friendly thrash band from my hometown and the guy who wrote Rock around the clock.. Apparently the aforementioned bands are just among other bands that I can’t recall at the time..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

my mood changes but currently...
swans
ratt
motley crue
anathema[cuz the always kinda stay in there]
my dying bride[that dvd man.....its addictive]
the cure
immortal
and solefald

i know thats 8... but i cant be limited know???