Top folk metal releases this year

Nope sorry but there were plenty of other people that felt the same way and did not in fact like guys. Not that they sounded bad they just weren't very interesting to watch at all. Not that I can really blame them because I imagine its hard to put on a good live show when your fucking singer is playing drums in the back with no lights anywhere near him. Plus their violinist was just goofy on stage. The fact that Slough Feg already set the bar impossibly high for the first day didn't help either.

I still need to pick up a Manegarm album. I didn't think much of their live show but I've been listening to some of their music and I think I'll give them a shot.

It's their best 2 date. After that get Dodsfard, then Vredens Tid for the Viking/Folk shit. If you like the black/viking(sort of a moonsorrow I guess) get their first album, it's their best in that sub-genre imo

the newest Alkonost disc is amazing. I cant stop listening to it. The Svartsot disc is also playing all the time too at my place. Arkona has a new disc out...cant wait for that one. Also Volkolak "The Feat of the greay king" is also a incredible disc....worth hunting down.

Cruachan The Morrigan's Call is pretty darn good.

Elvenking's The Scythe is good, too. But it's kind of the "commercial" version of Folk-Metal. More polished and accessible.

I don't know where Primordial fits into all this, but To The Nameless Dead is kicking my ass like nothing else I've heard in a long, long time. It could be in my Top Ten all-time favorite CDs.

Ensiferum's Victory Songs.