Top ten bands that ruined metal in your opinion

Lamb of God is fucking generic and boring IMO. I would include on the list Trivium. Nu metal did/does damage (influenced) to some melo(dic)death bands in an awful way like In Flames. Dark Tranquillity became generic too, but I blame mainly to At The Gates' Slaughter of the soul and Arch Enemy.

Lamb of God makes fucking good groove/thrash. Their last two albums I play quite fucking frequently.

Fuck you!

I am too baked to come up with anything more, so fuck you and fuck your shitty hometown.

this. the scene is dead and all thats left are bands that are influenced by black metal without actually caring about what it meant as a genre artistically + historically.

As long as good new music is around I don't see how any genre is dead. Fuck the scene and the history, not that the history isn't interesting, but if the music is good, listen to it!

1. Slipknot
2. Mudvayne (the two + all Nu crap)
3. Mötley Crue
4. Guns’n’Roses
5. White Lion (the whole glam metal phenomenon)
6. Enbilulugugal + Striborg (the whole extreme ”nothing but noise” black-metal crap ”performed” by ”bands” like these or Merzbow)
7. late Metallica
8. late Queensrÿche
9. late Nightwish
10. Ozzy Osbourne

There you go.

I'm sure there are plenty of bands that get together, rehearse/write material for months, play gigs for years, build a following, get a record deal and record/release an album, all with the staunch hope and steadfast belief that they will somehow ruin metal if all goes well.

1. Slipknot
2. Mudvayne (the two + all Nu crap)
3. Mötley Crue
4. Guns’n’Roses
5. White Lion (the whole glam metal phenomenon)
6. Enbilulugugal + Striborg (the whole extreme ”nothing but noise” black-metal crap ”performed” by ”bands” like these or Merzbow)
7. late Metallica
8. late Queensrÿche
9. late Nightwish
10. Ozzy Osbourne

There you go.

:guh:

Since you mentioned Queensryche, I'd just like to say how much I fucking hate that band. God, those guys seriously suck ass.

Operation: Mindcrime is, imo, one of the most overrated albums of all time, and what makes it worse is the fact that it's a concept album so people automatically think it just has to be good. I'm a big prog fan, but this album blows, hard.

I don't even know how they classify as a fucking metal band in the first place. They're nothing more than a prog rock band. Their most popular song isn't even a fucking metal song ftlog! Fuck Queensryche!

Ok, I feel better.

Seriously that article is bullshit. How has Cannibal Corpse ruined metal, they are beyond awesome, fucking kicks my ass every time I listen to them!

If we're talking about bands that orchestrated modern sounds and moved away from the "old school" way of doing things, these bands probably "ruined" metal:

At the Gates
Suffocation
Bethlehem
Silencer
Weakling
Godflesh
Paradise Lost
Thergethon
Stratovarius
Cynic
Cryptopsy
Therion

None of the bands that were mentioned in that article ruined metal. Though hair metal pretty much caused metal to appear to the public as another form of pop which indirectly caused the stupid to think that Nickelback is metal.

And Fred Durst almost single-handedly caused a lot of people, especially within the metal community, to hate nu metal.