Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Hypocrisy - Virus
Ihsahn - The Adversary
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Lamb Of God - Sacrament
Slayer - Christ Illusion
Tool - 10000 Days

im not even sure if they're all 2006

Definitely Tenhi - Maaäet is one of the best albums. The mood is just so gloomy and the album feels so beautiful in Autumn. Couple of weeks ago I woke up at 6 a.m. and went into the living room. A beautiful lake can be seen there and I put Maaäet on the cd-player and the song Sarastuskävijä (means Dawn walker in a terrible translation) and it was just. wow. The nature was really vivid that morning with sun's weak light trying to pierce a thick layer of fog that had filled the lake.
Other great albums:
Novembre - Materia
Ihsahn - The adversary
Subaudition - The scope
Callisto - Noir
And I bet I forgot something. I believe the re-issue of BMD is going to be a killer also.

I'm having a lot of trouble naming an album that has really blown me away in 2006, actually none such album has been released yet this year..

Some good albums from 2006:

- Katatonia - TGCD (good album, maybe even great, but not to such an extent that I'm utterly overwhelmed)
- Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion (good album, but I can't deny I expected a bit more..)
- Green Carnation - The Acoustic Verses (same as TGCD)
- Necrophobic - Hrimthursum (when I first heard it, it sounded really impressive, but the reality is I haven't played it a whole lot..)
- Moonspell - Memorial (the same goes for this album as for Necrophobic)
- Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death (I was positively surprised, the first Maiden album since "Fear Of The Dark" that I actually play for my sincere enjoyment)
- Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream (re-issued this year, OK, but still a re-issue, absolutely great and brilliant album, better than all of the above... *hides*)
- Dissection - Reinkaos (initially a devastating disappointment, but meanwhile quite OK and tolerable, far from great though)
- Keep Of Kalessin - Armada (excellent album, hadn't heard this band before, but this is an impressive album)
- Satyricon - Now, Diabolical (big improvement after "Volcano", which failed to move me in any way)
- Paatos - Silence Of Another Kind (pretty good album, but Kallocain is much better i.m.o.)
- Keane - Under The Iron Sea (nice and enjoyable album)

That's about it I guess.. Let's hope Blackfield will save the year for me..

No order:
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Tool - 10.000 Days
Isis - In Absence of Truth
My Dying Bride - Line of Deathless Kings
Lacrimas Profundere - Filthy Notes for Frozen Hearts

Rotated also a lot in my cd player
Paatos - Silence Of Another Kind
Moonspell - Memorial

Uh and i forgot about the Daylight Dies one...just ordered it :)

MadTinus said:
- Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream (re-issued this year, OK, but still a re-issue, absolutely great and brilliant album, better than all of the above... *hides*)
Oh yes, i absolutly fell in love again with this beauty