Tr00 prog fans or Tr00 metal fans, which is more anoying?

Just wanted to second the Vintersorg comment. He is definitely progressive in the truest sense of the word.

As far as the actual topic... I don't know. I'm not around much of either group to be able to tell. I should think that they'd be equally annoying. On the one hand, prog snobs have their 'intellectual superiority' but at least they usually know something about music; on the other hand, tr00 metal fans are often pretty musically dumb but at least they're more down-to-earth. I can't communicate with either for very long, mainly owing to the fact that I am not a 'subgenre' fan -- I just like metal as a whole, as I can find something in pretty much every subgenre that I like -- doom, death, black, power, prog, folk, thrash, speed, etc., ad infinitum.

Soul of Ice said:
I am not going to comment on this thread, but a few did ask about Frantic Bleep, so here is the run-down. Their demo, if you could find it, which I sincerely doubt by this point, is beyond incredible. They sound like Spiral Architect on crack employing furious guitars, black, death, and clean vocals. However, their album "Sense Apparatus" is much much more mellowed and ambiant. There are still moments reminiscent of the demo, but they opt for a more subtle approach on the album. If you liked the last Arcturus album, I think you would like this as well. I still like the album a lot, but would have like to hear a full album of insanity that the demo shows they are capable of.

yeah actually, when i heard the demo i thought they were shit but i actually really like what Ive heard from their album.

Yngvai X said:
Well I do think theres a severe lack of just "metal" fans who can find bands in every genre that they like. Myself and only a few other people I know are like that. Aside from doom metal, I can name bands in pretty much any metal genre that I like.
Same goes for me, except that I listen to Doom and I cant stand Black

kazahana said:
I can't stand intolerant people...

I don't think we are not being ignorant people because we all know how "unmusical" Black metal is. As a musician, I can not stand the mindless blasphemy that is Black Metal, but if you want to listen to it. Ok, go for it. But I'm not going to say any nice comments about them.

Metropolis Part 2 said:
I don't think we are not being ignorant people because we all know how "unmusical" Black metal is. As a musician, I can not stand the mindless blasphemy that is Black Metal, but if you want to listen to it. Ok, go for it. But I'm not going to say any nice comments about them.

As a musician I'd expect you to admire some black metal drummers, since their single stroke and double bass skills are some of the fastest in the business (such as Nicholas Barker and Hellhammer, both insanely fast drummers).

Yngvai X said:
As a musician I'd expect you to admire some black metal drummers, since their single stroke and double bass skills are some of the fastest in the business (such as Nicholas Barker and Hellhammer, both insanely fast drummers).

I like Hellhammer, but being fast doesn't mean everything. For example, Mr. Jason Rullo isn't the fastest, but his sense of a tempo is amazing. Hellhammer and Barker are pretty low in that "area of expertise".

I don't think they are the fastest, that'd have to go to Death Metal drummers or Jazz Drummers.

nu-metal? That's a misnomer in my book.

now, onto the question at hand. I dont find both of them annoying. Or maybe I just try to envision them sitting on chairs while they are getting therapy from me, a Psychology graduate(hopefully.. :) )