Transformers

Anvil

Brain Bubbled
Jun 2, 2004
So I finally got around to seeing it, and I must say, I went in with low expectations, and I was completely blown away.

I was a big fan of the cartoon television series as a kid, and was glad it remained faithful enough for a bigscreen hit. The comedy was good to see, the visuals were amazingly well done, and the acting was surprisingly well done. I was actually worried they'd leave out the cheesy lines, but at least they had those in there too.

I was a bit annoyed with some of the visuals due to complexity. You had no idea what was going on a lot of the time, either because of jumbled quick-cut scenes, or because the machines were just too damn complex.

All in all, I'm glad I went and saw it. I very much enjoyed it, and I expected a lot worse for another childhood favorite adaption.

Oh, and the chick is fucking gorgeous.

Any other reviews?

EDIT: And although I don't like Linkin Park, the ending monologue with Optimus was awesome.

I thought the movie was incredible. Reason being: TRANSFORMERS.

Other than special effects and giant robots and ROBOT ON ROBOT ACTION? ... it's Terrible. Downright pitiful, as far as films go...

however, the transformers keep things on the up and up and it ends up with positives in excess as far as I'm concerned.

I have a serious problem with Optimus Prime and the fact that he doesn't have an energy axe, but a sword thingy. What fucking series was that from?! Which ever one it was, fuck that series.

And what the fuck was with the radio voice thing? First off, wasn't that an old scenario in one of the early serial, which, an autobot which I can't remember, had his voice damaged in battle and must use radio clips? Secondly, why bumblebee of all the autobots?

And also, why did Jazz get so few lines? And why did one have to be wasted as "What's crackin little bitches?".

The writers failed at comedy.

Otherwise, the movie was alright.

The only thing I was hoping for that didn't make it's way into the movie was Starscream saying "I'm the new leader of the Decepticons!"

At least there was still the very, very small tension between Megatron and Starscream.

I did like how they brought back Peter Cullen for the voice.

LF0051.jpg

LF0052.jpg

This is exactly what I thought of this movie. Hollywood trickery for people who don't know what good action is. It's called transformers..all they needed to do right is good action between TRANSFORMERS fighting, but they failed miserably at that. When two transformers were fighting it was done in cut scenes with a shaky camera right in-front of the action. Thus all you could see was a transformers foot, and then one would fly into the air. blah.

Hollywood as of the last 7 years or so, has liked to use a "shaky camera" to represent THE VIEWER actually WATCHING the scene. It doesn't work, mainly because we see with TWO eyes, and peripherals.

Why can't they just go back to a good ol' steadycam.

They do cut scenes because it saves them money. The illusion that something is happening.

That movie fucking ruled.

If you say anything against it, you're a zombie pirate nazi.

Decent film for sure. It was Micheal Bay on steriods. He went so over the top it was actually good.
I read an interview recently where he said when the Island bombed ( it was a good film ) he decided not to over estimate his audience again. So he kep the story as basic and appealing as possible.