Trashed lost and Strungout/KnuckleDuster MP3! See Inside

Its too early to be raising any opinions on the songs really, because of the quality and the EP version may be different to the radio version.

But from this version i'm impressed really. They are pretty much exactly what I expected. Same sound as Hatecrew, very aggressive, very heavy but still has the sound of Bodom in there.

In my opinion it's very far from being anywhere near their best work. But it annihilates the majority of bands ive heard recently with this type of sound.

Just can't wait to buy the EP and DVD now!

ireally dont know like knuckle duster is a hard pill to swallow because at times the verses sound like reroute to reamin style inflames but i mean its not a bad song i like trashed lost and strung out alot better. but it sounds like they are both in dropped tuning? i dont get it i really hope cob doesnt start sacrificing more melody for heavier and simplier riffs

thanx a lot, gavin!!!!!!! I don't really wanna make up my opinion right now, but the songs definately ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

can somebody plz send em to me? i've helped forum members out and sent em whole cob video shows so if somebody could plz help me out and send me the songs i'd be totaly greatfull....

aim: fivemagics77

fivemagics77 said:
can somebody plz send em to me? i've helped forum members out and sent em whole cob video shows so if somebody could plz help me out and send me the songs i'd be totaly greatfull....

aim: fivemagics77
If you have dc++ goto the UM hub. I have them shared there.

Yeah, definatly different. I think both songs rock.

But the creativity in the riffs is far less than hatebreeder/follow the reaper.
Now it's just heavier, more chugga chugga sort of riffs. The solos are awesome, but they lack the structured feel that solos from hb and ftr have. (except for the second solo part on Knuckleduster.. but their is even a part in that where he does a whammy dive or something and it sounds weird)

I think it's an improvment over HCDR, but not hatebreeder or follow the reaper. or even something wild..

The harmonies in the chorus lines are really nice. Definatly an improvement over many older chorus parts.

this is all my opinion of course. If a different band wrote these songs, I would praise them.. but since it's Bodom, I'm slightly disapointed. But it still is kick ass stuff.

I think nobody should think too much about these versions right now. The quality isn't that good and almost nobody ever listened to t,l&s live.......

Dude, I just love how heavy the fucking Bass is on some parts of these, man!

Like the part in Knuckleduster at 2:49 when the Bass leads into the main melody. THATS FUCKING AWWEESSSOMMMEEE!!!!1

Yeah whoever mentioned that TL&S sounds like something off of Follow the Reaper, you're fucking right.

All in all, I love these fuckin songs A LOT, and although Alexi's lyrical style is changing a little in terms of the main verse arrangements, at least he's still keeping wild ass melodies in there as always.

From the 2 songs, Knuckleduster is the one that gave me the same feeling I had when I first heard Hate Me!

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS SHIT, MAN!

this fucking blows ass

bodom has follwed the trend of all the fucking great melodic death metal bands with their faggot ass drum-n-bass riffs and downtuned guitars and rapping growlies.

fuck you bodom. you fucking SUCKKKKKKK now

Oh... my... god...

Trashed, Lost, and Strungout started out with a terrible riff, but the melody part is cool. It sounds like a hardcore song or some shit. The solos are generic sounding. What is Alexi doing? I'm sure you can do something besides an ascending and descending scale... Tune your guitar back to D, god damnit! Chugging on downtuned riffs doesn't sound good.

Knuckleduster... oh my god. Worst Children of Bodom song EVER. Right from the start, it was nothing but un-COB. The solo is NOT Alexi. The keyboards are NOT Janne. I'm all for a band trying to sound different [as they have done with every album], but this is a step in the In Flames direction. Flame me all you want, but LISTEN TO THAT VERSE! TERRIBLE! It is straight out of The Quiet Place.

Call me when Alexi decides to use his writing abilities again.

R.I.P - Children of Bodom. 1997-2004

I'm hoping these songs are fake and Alexi leaked them to piss off the downloaders...

Hoping...

Simon "Warheart" Ivanoff said:
Dude, I just love how heavy the fucking Bass is on some parts of these, man!

Like the part in Knuckleduster at 2:49 when the Bass leads into the main melody. THATS FUCKING AWWEESSSOMMMEEE!!!!1

Yeah whoever mentioned that TL&S sounds like something off of Follow the Reaper, you're fucking right.

All in all, I love these fuckin songs A LOT, and although Alexi's lyrical style is changing a little in terms of the main verse arrangements, at least he's still keeping wild ass melodies in there as always.

From the 2 songs, Knuckleduster is the one that gave me the same feeling I had when I first heard Hate Me!

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS SHIT, MAN!

I totally agree...I love the songs and cannot wait buy this cd!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Damn.. I never though myself to say things like that.. and I hate to say so but.. damn CoB has become fucking boring.. there is no evolution at all... It is the same song pattern as HCDR but worst... seriously CoB used to be my favorite group and inspiration but damn.. since I seen them live at Montreal I can't say I'm a fan anymore :(

Something Wild and Hatebreeder were songwriting GENIUS. I'm not asking for a return to those days... I'm asking for you to steer away from the In Flames route. Everyone reading this post knows exactly what I'm talking about. I cannot get into these songs at all.