Travel ....

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
Where has the road taken you so far in your lives?

What countries, cities have you visited?

Will write something about mine as soon as I am done eating :p

oh golly, I can't list every country I've been to...
it'll take too long.

ok, I'm bored so here goes: (all the countries in Europe- I have been more than once)

Germany, Austria, The Netherlands (lived there) belgium, France, Portugal,
Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Italy, Spain, England, Scotland, Ireland, Czech republic, Israel, Egypt, Jordan,
United Staes, (east coast and west coast) Canada (same), Tailand, hmm....

yes.

Taiwan and Japan.

never been out of the country. but damn UM has taken me from texas to maryland with stops in between and beyond.

Just got back from vacation actually.

Hm, Germany, Holland, Beligum, Greece, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Poland, Russia, Colombia and Haiti (yes I have really been there), Costa Rica, Panama, Mexico, Canada, Jamaica, Caymans, Aruba, Puerto Rico--if that counts, a few other caribbean islands.

Nicest place Ive ever lived is Bologna Italy. I love that city. Not the most beautiful, but it is always interesting, especially the porticoed center city; the food is unbelievable. This summer I really enjoyed the week I was in Chania Crete. I would highly recommend it. The coastal area is all venetian with coastal tavernas lined up one after each other with decent food for Greek toursitic standards, and just outside there is the Samara Gorge, beaches etc.

Never left the country. Have travelled all over California and Arizona, went to NYC, Nevada, Oregon, New Mexico, and Texas. I love to drive so that's one reason I haven't been overseas yet, and I plan on going to Canada sometime this year.

journey > destination

Phew...ok here we go:

Europe:
UK (except Ireland, which is a shame)
France
Germany
Italy
Spain / Ibiza
Belgium
Holland

Africa:
Egypt
South Africa

Asia:
Pakistan
India
Nepal
Hong Kong

Oceania/Pacific Rim:
Australia
Fiji
Hawaii (I know this is USA, but shit, it's in the middle of the Pacific)

Americas:
USA (everywhere)
Cayman Islands
Aruba

1 Day Stopovers :tickled: :
Abu Dhabi
Dubai
Bahrain
Singapore
Auckland, NZ

ok ... before I go and sleep

Romania
Hungary
Austria
Netherlands
UK
Italy
Bahamas
Canada
Yugoslavia (when it was still called that)

In the US:
New Orleans (drove from New York)
California (all over)
Florida
Arizona
Nevada (numerous times)
Pretty much all over the Northeast

Would like to go to ...

Greece
India
Egypt
Ivory Coast
Switzerland

Also would like to Drive the US Cross Country ... :kickass:

Alright...

Europe:
Italy (best place I've been to yet! beautiful scenery, great people, outstanding food!)
Spain (almost as great as the above!)
France (once again)
Switzerland (just passing through)

North America:
Canada - every provice from Ontario eastward except for Newfoundland/Labrador)
USA - bunch of places: Washington DC, Florida, NYC, Jersey, North/South Carolina, California (my favourite by far!)

that's it so far for me!

lurch70 said:
Also would like to Drive the US Cross Country ... :kickass:
Yeah, I might do that instead of going to Canada this year. hey, 6 months ago I did half of it in 36 hours, from Dallas, Texas to here!

USA (California, Hawaii, Washington, Idaho, Montana)
Mexico

Within Canada: Yukon (Whitehorse & Army Cadet Summer Camp), British Columbia (Vancouver, Victoria, Okanogan & Kootenays, The Rockies, Whistler, etc. etc. been all over the place there). Alberta (Edmonton [living there for school], Calgary, Vegreville [where the infamous giant easter egg picture was taken]) Saskatchewan (Outlook; some hick town where my dad took me to go hunting and drinking with his friends once :err: ) Manitoba (Winnipeg)

Born in the Northwest Territories, been around to Yellowknife a few times and have taken extended fishing and hunting trips a few times as well out into the wilderness.

so no, I haven't traveled much anywhere outside of western canada and a few vacation places as a child with the family. I'd like to get around a little more, but that's a bit of a resource problem. Difficult to get to anywhere from here without a lot of money, any when I used to go on family vacations their idea of fun was going to loaf on a beach somewhere :erk:

Austria - been all over the country, Tyrol and Vienna are the nicest places though :Spin:
Italy - Naples, Rome, Pompeji, Bolzano, Brixen, Plan De Corones, etc.
Greece - Athens, never seen crazier fans than the ones at the Anathema gigs down there: 1,500 people totally freaking out two nights in a row (the rather subdued crowds up here consist of a maximum of 300 people) :kickass:
Denmark - Esbjerg, Ribe, Varde, Nymindegab, etc.
Belgium - Graspop Metal Meeting 2004, Antwerp
France - Paris, Ile De Noirmoutier, La Rochelle
The Netherlands - Breda Barst festival 2004
Poland - Cracow, Warsaw, Poznan, etc.
Czech Republic - Karlsbad, Marienbad
UK - only seen London unfortunately
Switzerland - shopping in Basel

best time of my life so far:
New Zealand, February-July 2002 - my second home and surely the most beautiful end of the world, can't wait to go back one day... :worship:

I'd also like to visit friends in:
South Korea, Finland, Norway, the US, Northern Ireland, Australia, Japan o_O

speed said:
This summer I really enjoyed the week I was in Chania Crete. I would highly recommend it. The coastal area is all venetian with coastal tavernas lined up one after each other with decent food for Greek toursitic standards, and just outside there is the Samara Gorge, beaches etc.
Holy fuck dude, thats where i originally come from. I go there at least every 2 months and i spent most of my summer there too. Did you go to any metal bar in Chania? Magnet, Avalon? Did you walk through Samaria Gorge?

No wild destination to report.

France - about everywhere except Brittany
UK - London & some places in Kent
Ireland - Cork
Spain - Barcelona & Sevilla
Portugal - Faro, Lisboa and Coimbra
Belgium - here and there, mostly in the Brussel area
Germany - almost every big city, been mostly hanging around in Cologne and Saxony these past 5 years
The Netherlands - Venlo
Czech Republic - only for a few hours behind the border with Germany
Denmark - Nordjytland (Aalborg) & Copenhagen - spent six delightful and booze-worthy months there

That sums it up... EU all over!