Travel ....

Sweden (lots of places)
Denmark
Finland (Helsinki)
Norway
Germany (Wacken)
England (London, etc)
Spain (well technically teh Canary Islands)

That's it... Meagre I know, looking to expand it with Iceland :kickass: shortly

IOfTheStorm said:
Holy fuck dude, thats where i originally come from. I go there at least every 2 months and i spent most of my summer there too. Did you go to any metal bar in Chania? Magnet, Avalon? Did you walk through Samaria Gorge?

Yeah I walked the gorge in birkenstock sandals. It was a huge mistake. I had no idea how steep, rough, and long it was going to be.

I have to say I really enjoy Crete, even if you guys are crazy. I like how they give you a carafe of Raki at the end of every meal. And the food in Crete is just so much better than the rest of Greece. It was cool, cuz I stayed in Chania for a while, then went back and stayed in a friends house in this little village called Avdou. I dont know if you know it? But everyone was pretty welcoming.

No I didnt go to a metal bar, but actually Anathema was supposed to be playing there that week, as I saw their posters all over.

Norway - Moss (my hometown), Oslo, Bergen, Lillehammer, Kristiansand, etc.
Sweden - Gothenburg, Stockholm, Trelleborg, and some small places of no interest.
Denmark - Copenhagen (twice), Aalborg, etc.
England - London (1995, 1997 and 1998)
Germany - Berlin (twice, in 1996 and 2003), and Rostock 2003 (just stayed there for some hours), Frankfurt 2001 (only the airport, though :p )
Netherlands - Amsterdam, in 1999

Spain - Two week holidays in the following places: Mallorca 1991 and 1994, Tenerife 1993, L'Estartit 1997, Albir 1998, Altea 1999, Lanzarote 2000, Javea 2001, Fuengirola 2003, Fuengirola 2004. We're going to Marbella this year. I've also visited Alicante, Malaga, Marbella, Puerto Banus, Barcelona, Madrid, Santiago de Compostela and Valencia.

Barcelona's a very nice city! My uncle lives there, and he took the time to show us around, take us to good restaurants, give us some of the history, etc. He teaches at some kind of university there.

The Europeans have a distinct advantage here. If you cross the street in Europe, you're in another country. That being said, Europeans travel more than Americans, probably because they have way more vacation time.

Montreal
Playa Del Carmen
Cancun
Cozumel
St. Thomas
St. Martin
San Juan
Bermuda
Bahamas
Grand Cayman

Zod

I haven't been to many places.

Only western Canada, southern China (for one hour), and Hong Kong.

I may be going to Vegas in a few months.

General Zod said:
The Europeans have a distinct advantage here. If you cross the street in Europe, you're in another country. That being said, Europeans travel more than Americans, probably because they have way more vacation time.

Montreal
Playa Del Carmen
Cancun
Cozumel
St. Thomas
St. Martin
San Juan
Bermuda
Bahamas
Grand Cayman

Zod

hehe .. .Zod, looks like you got the Carribean mostly covered :headbang:

General Zod said:
That being said, Europeans travel more than Americans, probably because they have way more vacation time.

Hehe perhaps, I'd say it's because USA is such a huge country that you don't need to travel abroad to experience great natural diversity

General Zod said:
The Europeans have a distinct advantage here. If you cross the street in Europe, you're in another country.

Not if you live in England. You have to cross the ocean!! :p Although now you've got that channel tunnel where you can get from London to Paris in 4 hours on a train.

That being said, Europeans travel more than Americans, probably because they have way more vacation time.

Lots of reasons. Firstly, Europeans will have a passport before they turn 5. Next, schools encourage it, even with daytrips. Thirdly, travel is SO easy.

But yes, the vacation schedule is much better than the US -- I was lucky to bring my 30 day annual over with me. When my wife was working, she was on 15 days!

Also, once you travel, you get bitten by the travel bug. Travelling from the US North East to Europe is a piece of cake nowaday, and cheap too.

It's a common mistake. Even some 'English' speaking people think 'lose' is spelled 'loose' (not that you don't speak English, but you know what I mean).

Also, I don't understand why the Dr Suess books spell "Goodbye" as "Good-by". I wonder if this is ye olde American or something. :loco:

There's a lot more cultural differences in the US than most give credit for. Major cities aren't terribly different, but try getting some desert folk to talk with someone who grew up on a cotton farm and they might as well speak different languages.