Troops of Tomorrow: The Official Hardcore Punk Thread

CiG

Relaxer
May 22, 2015
W.A.
rateyourmusic.com
Not really sure how popular this thread will be, but I suppose there's no harm in having threads for genres if they actually get used. If they don't and simply die off, it's no big deal.

I've always been a huge fan of hardcore punk regardless of the country it's from and the differences the locations bring to the style. There's an endless amount of bands because of the ease of entry and so a thread for digging these bands up could potentially be very helpful too.

Anyway here's what I've been jamming lately:

Also, don't feel forced to post just hardcore, any kind of snotty, raw, energetic punk rock is welcome.

Last edited:
I was literally just thinking about making this thread a few days ago and forgot for some reason.

Anyways, here are some of my favorites:

Reactions: CiG
Funnily enough my favourite hardcore punk album of all time is Bad Religion's How Could Hell Be Any Worse? which is probably one of the least aggressive of the classic era bands.

Reactions: Manic Ferocity
Couldn't really get into that one, they completely abandoned any kind of raw energy they once had (and the guitar tone is so weak IMO) and went full melodic pop punk. Not unlistenable though, but not even nearly on the level of greatness that they achieved with their debut album, which has a fucking perfect balance of melody, catchiness and hardcore energy.

Suffer was pretty good, was listening to No Control the other day and that's also pretty fun, but I guess in the end their first EP and album were exactly what I wanted and everything after that seems to be a gradual watering down of a winning formula. Never did check out that second album they did which was supposedly progressive punk rock or something?

I kinda feel the same way about NOFX who in the 80's made fucking great punk music, then it just slowly watered down more and more into bland pop punk with no rawness or bite.

Reactions: WorldObliteration33