TSE R47 v1.0 Win/OSX

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
Here's my new plugin, the R47.. It's modeled against a rodent pedal and hopefully accurate enough to call it a rat-emulation :p Use it in front of an ampsim, or alone with a cabinet simulation.

R47.png

it's also my first released plugin for the OSX-platform!

version 1.0, main features:
- mono/stereo processing
- low/high quality
- input / drive / tone / volume controls ( fully automatable )

Coded in C++ within the IPlug (WDL-OL) framework
Thanks to passotoner for providing reamps of the original hardware!

Downloads:
Win VST 32/64bit : http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/plugins/TSE_R47_1.0_VST_WIN.zip
Mac VST Universal Binary : http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/plugins/TSE_R47_1.0_VST_OSX.zip
Mac AU Universal Binary : http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/plugins/TSE_R47_1.0_OSX_AU.zip

You rule Onqel!!! You're a big part of my sound and I was looking for one of these to try and replicate the Justin Chancellor tone. Cheers

Oh onqel, one question: How does C++ compare to C# and java?? I already know these languages and I have not looked at C/C++ before

thanks everyone ;)

hurdy: All those languages are very similar AFAIK, I've only used C++ and Pascal so far.. I think C++ is more error prone than the other you've mentioned, you have to keep track of memory etc yourself.. C# can't run without the .NET enviroment installed and java can't run without java installed on your machine, so C++ is superior in that point, it's native code..

Oh yes that makes alot of sense, thanks for the quick informative reply. So there is no automatic garbage collection for unused objects etc
That would make C++ a better language to learn as the coder will learn how to manually keep track of memory etc. I wish I had learnt that language first :(
Lolz all good, I might have to invest in a C++ book for my learning. Considering it is also native code is a huge plus too. Thanks man

Oh yes that makes alot of sense, thanks for the quick informative reply. So there is no automatic garbage collection for unused objects etc
That would make C++ a better language to learn as the coder will learn how to manually keep track of memory etc. I wish I had learnt that language first :(
Lolz all good, I might have to invest in a C++ book for my learning. Considering it is also native code is a huge plus too. Thanks man

I learned a bit of pascal before C++, and I've never looked back actually (dsp programming).. I would recommend you to look into it, but I wouldn't recommend you to try learning DSP and that modeling though, it's ruined my social life :lol:

Thank you so much for this, your work is awesome. Make my day and tell me you've created an x64 version of x30 and x50, quote me happy come on :)

Mac!

THank you, Onqel :)

yeah got a little tired of all those "omg! mac/osx!! plz!! why can't we have it??" so I got myself an old iMac and a Airport extreme router very cheap when I finally decided to start porting:)
I'm gonna build myself a decent hackintosh eventually and port everything to osx and use that one for music and developing.. it's time to try something new :D