Turks and Islam

soon or latetly, turkey will also have to fix the religion field on id cards because of the european union assocations just like greece had to fix it last year.

i am not sure about myself, but i hope my children will now have it in their id cards :D

By the way, tomorrow, there`ll be a concert of Pentagram in Bostanci. I am not sure if people here really like that band but they are celabrating their 20th yearsa and it`s something unusual for the turkish metal band.

if anyone will come, i`ll be around there.

My mobile phone number:
+ 90 537 834 04 60

dude...don't post your phone number in public...you might get sexually molested through the phone ask someone to pm or email you and give the phone number there

you didn't get me right because I didn't use punctuation
my fault
I meant don't post only your phone number here because some people who pass through here and don't actually post might use it to harrass you...and it's pretty inconvenient to change a phone number.
as for emails or msn or Icq or anything...you can always block someone or define him as spam.
just a friendly suggestion

Messiakh, that's for sure that persian history is much more older then turkish history, better to say that, Persians were one of the first civilizations of the world. And you really had a very strong religion (zoroastrianism) and culture before islam.

Zoroastrism was not very different from Islam or was I told? One God? One source of evil? Good Thoughts, Good words and Deeds sounded much more like the Buddha's teaching but it could always fit in Islam as well.

I heard more so that Zoroastrism influenced Sufism in Iran. I also bought a book about ancient Zoroastrism which contained info about the religion p.s it's influence on persian Sufism, but I haven't even touched ever since I bought it, and I rarely get into the mood to read these days.

About Pentagram or Mezarkabul, I'd love to see them live someday, I like the stuff I heard by them so far, even though I never had the chance to get one single album for them. Still, a great band.

The intro of the track "1000 In The East" can be heard in the Islamic movie "Al Risalah", "الرسالة" which is a nice piece afterall.

The dark point is that, it's still not clear if we Turks really converted Islam by our will or if we forced to convert that religion.

It's always the same. People want to rule over others in the name of their people, their god, their national or "racial" interests or their purse:heh: . It's a problem of authoritarian thinking, of oppressing oneself and building the need to oppress others in order to compensate. Throughout human history the clergy used to hold the people face down in the mud. It's the same with colonialism, and it has been the same in Europe with christianity.

My roots are Frisian/Saxon in NW Germany, and the than Christian Franks made my ancestors Christians by killing 2.000 people of the ruling class. There’s still an alley in NW Germany where they hung to show the people what could happen to them … (and that their gods can't protect them) That about christianity and christian love of your fellow people …

But I’m no Christian by my own will, and I’m no heathen either. And why should I? I don’t mind what religion a person has who lives in the next house, as long as he or she doesn’t want me to practice his. My girlfriend is a (German/Hungarian/Romanian/Polish) Jew (Yes. It’s Europe. Even our extreme nationalists have ancestors of three or more peoples, if they would only open their eyes …- but it’s the same in the Middle East …), and I respect her religious feelings, but they are not mine. She is mine (hehe). (Please don't tell her ...)

The point is that we have to leave the continuum of collectivity of mind; any person's identity is like a rhizom of influences. You have to find your identity within that rhizom, and others have to look at you as an individual as the result of your decisions about yourself. Maybe you are a Turk. And I'm a German. Shit on this! Probably our mentality is different, cause the ways of thinking in our societys are different; and probably our feelings are the similar: cause we listen to the same music, and probably we have more in common than the people who live above my apartment have to do with me.

Don't think of your roots as a monolithic block - think of Asia Minor as a melting pot! Probably you are a mixture of Turk/Greek/Lydian/Kurd/Hittite/Persian/Armenian/Aserbaijani/Galatian/Phrygian and so on ancestors.

When we are all individuals in future (if that would happen), all those repressive collectives will disappear.

Just let's make the best of our short time on earth!

(I just decided to become a priest or a demagogue. Sorry for the lecture ...:worship: )

Zoroastrism was not very different from Islam or was I told? One God? One source of evil? Good Thoughts, Good words and Deeds sounded much more like the Buddha's teaching but it could always fit in Islam as well.

As far as I know, there are relationships between Zoroastrism und Judaism in the dualism of evil and good, their sources and how they work in the world. And Judaism is the source for the Islam. So the Proto-Iranian religion is probably the source for all the monotheist scum of the world. (sorry, I respect the Persian people, culture and history and Zoroastrism, but I don't respect the intolerance and narrow-mindedness the monotheist religions brought to mankind)

:Smokedev:

The collective mind is not the problem...
the problem is people who see themselves as part of a smaller collective(race, religion and what not) than they actually are(which is the human collective)...feeling as part of a collective makes certain collisions with other collectives...brings intollorance and wars...
once people realize they're all in the same collective...this will be the end of of everything shitty on the planet.

Very interesting thread. thanks a lot to all of you, I learned a LOT on a very appealing topic me.

Above all, I LOVE Turkey and even more the Turkish people - Se Vyorum! cok! tamam, my turkish is bad, I know. Herkese Tessekur etherim for who you are, beloved turkish brothers and sisters, no matter how you define yourselves in terms of religion, you are Great people and amazing friends, and being that heart-full, kind and full of joy of life is Always better than belonging to any belief what so ever, in my opinion :p

Hi!!! This is my first post in this forum. I'm from Valencia, just in the other side of the Mediterranian sea, the place where some centuries ago lived in absolute peace and harmony christian, muslim & jewish, because I think this sea makes us have common feelings. I've discovered recently Orphaned Land, I love the music and the concept too, and I hope I'll find here what I'm looking for: Knowledge and understanding, so I think each one religion really doesn't matter for friendship, the very important is never try to impose it.

P.S. I can't stop listening the final of "Halo Dies", is absolutely beautiful.

Very interesting thread. thanks a lot to all of you, I learned a LOT on a very appealing topic me.

Above all, I LOVE Turkey and even more the Turkish people - Se Vyorum! cok! tamam, my turkish is bad, I know. Herkese Tessekur etherim for who you are, beloved turkish brothers and sisters, no matter how you define yourselves in terms of religion, you are Great people and amazing friends, and being that heart-full, kind and full of joy of life is Always better than belonging to any belief what so ever, in my opinion :p

:headbang::kickass: