Turks and Islam

For me any religion is bad and discrimination.By the way turkey is not like what you people assume...Turkey is a liberal and democratic country.Come see Istanbul(one of the most beautiful cities in Europe) and you'll see what I say...

Hi!!! This is my first post in this forum. I'm from Valencia, just in the other side of the Mediterranian sea, the place where some centuries ago lived in absolute peace and harmony christian, muslim & jewish, because I think this sea makes us have common feelings. I've discovered recently Orphaned Land, I love the music and the concept too, and I hope I'll find here what I'm looking for: Knowledge and understanding, so I think each one religion really doesn't matter for friendship, the very important is never try to impose it.

P.S. I can't stop listening the final of "Halo Dies", is absolutely beautiful.

Very much true indeed! Infact all religions in the end lead us to one point, discovering the self and God, but people are being blind enough with the term "Religion" and tend to create difference between each other to believe that they are better than their fellow brother/sister, ignoring the fact that all are people and equal.

Welcome aboard Vulcano! :D

Very much true indeed! Infact all religions in the end lead us to one point, discovering the self and God, but people are being blind enough with the term "Religion" and tend to create difference between each other to believe that they are better than their fellow brother/sister, ignoring the fact that all are people and equal.
Religion is too powerfull to be left in human hands.

Don't get me wrong I believe in God...But so many years people misunderstood the religions and now they are way out of their original way...Religions are for making the world a better place not for making wars!

Bienvenido/a Vulcano, es bueno ver más gente que habla español aca :headbang:

^Does that mean something like: "Welcome Vulcano, it is good to have someone to speak spanish with"?

I love trying to figure out spanish and italian, I guess in the future I´ll try and study it more intensively...

Sorry for interrupting your interesting thread!

Don't get me wrong I believe in God...But so many years people misunderstood the religions and now they are way out of their original way...Religions are for making the world a better place not for making wars!

You don't really have to blame the religions for all the war and disasters that's faced on earth.

War is caused by having two facing people with different idealogoes/beliefs on a battlefield, so when the two struggle for proving that which is believed is correct, then war is born.

So when the mind is what causes people to have differances in beliefs and ideologies, in the higher levels of spirituality (which is beyond the level of religion) we believe that we should follow our hearts rather than our minds, and then we shall all be one (NOTE: If you actually listened to the older OL tracks, some of the stuff I'm saying might sound fammiliar to you).

Sorry if you can't understand what I'm saying, I tend to have a real bad explaining system :(.

wars are about one thing...ego
if not the ego of one side(or two sides), a compromise would be much easier to reach
corporate wars are about money...but again money is just a menifestation of ego

Before I was born, who was I?
After I am born, who am I?
Respect yourself, and everyone will respect you.
Understand yourself, and everyone will understand you.
There are mirrors all around you:
Strive to see and understand yourself.
Strive to have the heart of a Buddha.
Stop doing bad things, only do good.
Do whatever you can to help others.
In these ways you help yourself.
Help yourself, and you help the world.

Omituofo

Amen. Beautyful words my friend, but goodnes is always inside us as evil too, then, who will prevail? I'd like it be the love, but take a look around you..., there is so much hate in some people's heart, and they still believe god is by their side.