I'm glad Islam is a 'peaceful' religion

i didnt see where i denied the Spanish Inquisition. maybe it's your bad eyes that led to that conclusion, or maybe you're just the dumbest person on the internet.

i'm opting for the latter.

I DENY THE SPANISH INQUISITION! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Just overhyped Dutch propaganda from the 1500s, just like witch burnings in Germany was hyped Spanish propaganda from the 1600s.

The total body count is nowhere near enough to fill a modern school auditorium. But the fairytale orgasmic inflations of victims from the thousands to the hundreds of millions is somehow upheld in noble institutions as ADL, CAIR, our best universities, and nonfiction like "God Emperor of Dune."

...and that's all I'm a'gonna say in the third lame islamic thread in as many weeks!!

Jurched

I renew my original question. Wasn't this thread about the evil surrounding Islam? Is "well, Christianity is evil too!" really a suitable response?

I'm not saying Christianity is evil. I'm trying to show that every religion has evil in it, but usually, they aren't actually followers of their religion, just a few , usually overly rich, corrupt people who want to get their way and to do so they need followers. The best way to gain followers is to use something close to a large population and use it to promote themselves. There is nothing in the Bible about killing those of other Abrahamic religions, yet the Inquisition (while like Jurched said, the number of dead wasn't in the hundreds of thousands like previously spawned by Protestant propaganda, it was still well into the tens of thousands, and after they didn't need to kill any more Jews/Muslims, as the rest had fleed to avoid death, and their goal of religious cleansing was fulfilled) and Pogroms that continue to modern times killed hundreds of thousands of non-Christians. Just as with Al Qaeda, there's nothing in the Qur'an promoting forcing religion on others or suicide bombing, both are sins in the Qur'an. But there are still people like the leaders of Al Qaeda who try to gain followers by changing texts of the Qur'an to cohere to their needs.

In any religion with a population of over 1 billion people, there will be people who want to abuse religion to get what they want, and what better time than to use false quotes of the Qur'an in a largely illiterate Afghanistan coming out of Soviet rule. The entire Muslim world rejects Al Qaeda, though and their support is quickly dwindling. If the US army would just relocate out of Iraq and into Afghanistan, and maybe use the couple billions dollars they're sending to Israel yearly on their own military, they could find Bin Laden and dismantle Al Qaeda.

lol dont worry about my post. It was a schlitz fueled rant that I was on hoping for the USA to beat Paraguay in the Copa America. NOw..I resorted to bowling my pain away amongst massive amounts of white trash tonight. I beat the SHIT out of some little girls though!

I even doubleposted :lol:

Haha, I stopped watching it after we got demolished by Argentina 4-1. US can still make it to the Quarter Finals if we beat Columbia on Thursday, tho, and they're actually doing worse than us so far :cool:

Jesus is both fully man and fully God. he's God's son, but God's being brought to Earth.
same as the Holy Spirit.

he's a 3-in-1 God.

we worship Jesus because of who he was and because nobody can gain salvation without going through him, first. he is the one that stands and intercedes on our behalf to the Father.

I wouldn't say Christianity is a Pagan religion, it is still an Abrahamic religion, but it is very similar to Hinduism at times. The idea of God being in the form of Jesus, the father and the holy spirit is very similar to the Hindu ideology of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva all being separate and at the same time, they're all just different parts of the One Hindu God. In theory, Christianity's view of God is as polytheistic as Smarta Hinduism's view of God. Jesus never said that he was God and he said not to worship him, only God, so I'm not sure where the idea of Jesus being God came from :confused: Not to say there's anything specifically evil or corrupt in that, just that it seems to be the result of several misinterpretations of the Bible.

Do you know that the MUSLIM Ottoman Empire saved the Spanish Jews from extermination during the Inquisition by granting all 200,000 of them permanent amnesty, their ancestors still prosper in Turkey today !! WELL EVIL

The Ottoman jew-savers - I doubt that that really counts for them...

i'm not gonna go ballistic [yet]. i mentioned this before.
Hebrew scholars studied the original manuscripts of the Bible and found that the KJ translation was essentially correct. in other words, no corruption. the words of the Bible are as the prophets and disciples wrote.

also, the 3-in-1 God is completely possible and scripturally sound.
of course God is omnipotent, not having been born and with no beginning or end, but He also existed in a born, frail human form, in the personage of His son, Jesus.
this was necessary and He knew it. all throughout the Old Testament He's giving messages to people and being doubted and defied by many.
the best example i saw for His reasoning for coming to Earth in human form was a little story about a wild goose that flew down and settled in a farm yard in the middle of winter. the farmer, realizing that the goose would freeze if he stayed out in the snow, decided to put the goose in the barn and out of the cold for the winter.
he went out, threw open the doors to the barn and tried to shoo the goose in, but the goose balked. he tried to coax the goose in with a trail of bread, but still, the goose went the other way. finally, reaching his wit's end, the farmer came up with a plan. he went into the barn, loosed his own geese into the yard. they werent out in the cold long before they decided to go back to the warmth of the barn. the wild goose, recognizing the geese as being like himself, followed them into the barn.

get it?

Gen 32:30 states, "...for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." However, John 1:18 states, "No man hath seen God at any time..." Both statements cannot be true. Either there is an error of fact, or an error of translation. In either case, there is an error. And if there is an error, then infallibility of the Bible (in this case the King James Version) is falsified.

There are alot of errors in the KJV, they can either be attributed to translation errors or Contradictions

Examples:
2 Kings 8:26 says "Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign..." 2 Chronicles 22:2 says "Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign..."

2 Samuel 6:23 says "Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death" 2 Samuel 21:8 says "But the king took...the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul"

2 Samuel 8:3-4 says "David smote also Hadadezer...and took from him...seven hundred horsemen..." 1 Chronicles 18:3-4 says "David smote Hadarezer...and took from him...seven thousand horsemen..."

1 Kings 4:26 says "And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots..." 2 Chronicles 9:25 says "And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots..."

2 Kings 25:8 says "And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month...Nebuzaradan...came...unto Jerusalem" Jeremiah 52:12 says "...in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month...came Nebuzaradan...into Jerusalem"

1 Samuel 31:4-6 says "...Saul took a sword and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead and...died with him. So Saul died..." 2 Samuel 21:12 says "...the Philistines had slain Saul in Gilboa."

Gen 2:17 says "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day thou eastest thereof thou shalt surely die [note: it doesn't say 'spiritual' death] Gen 5:5 says "And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."

Matt 1:16 says, "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus..." Luke 3:23 says "And Jesus...the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli"

James 1:13 says "..for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." Gen 22:1 says "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham..."

Gen 6:20 says "Of fowls after their kind and of cattle [etc.]...two of every sort shall come unto thee..." Gen 7:2,3 says "Of every clean beast thou shall take to thee by sevens...Of fowls also of the air by sevens..."

Gen 32:30 states, "...for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." However, John 1:18 states, "No man hath seen God at any time..." Both statements cannot be true. Either there is an error of fact, or an error of translation. In either case, there is an error. And if there is an error, then infallibility of the Bible (in this case the King James Version) is falsified.

There are alot of errors in the KJV, they can either be attributed to translation errors or Contradictions

Examples:
2 Kings 8:26 says "Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign..." 2 Chronicles 22:2 says "Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign..."

2 Samuel 6:23 says "Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death" 2 Samuel 21:8 says "But the king took...the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul"

2 Samuel 8:3-4 says "David smote also Hadadezer...and took from him...seven hundred horsemen..." 1 Chronicles 18:3-4 says "David smote Hadarezer...and took from him...seven thousand horsemen..."

1 Kings 4:26 says "And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots..." 2 Chronicles 9:25 says "And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots..."

2 Kings 25:8 says "And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month...Nebuzaradan...came...unto Jerusalem" Jeremiah 52:12 says "...in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month...came Nebuzaradan...into Jerusalem"

1 Samuel 31:4-6 says "...Saul took a sword and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead and...died with him. So Saul died..." 2 Samuel 21:12 says "...the Philistines had slain Saul in Gilboa."

Gen 2:17 says "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day thou eastest thereof thou shalt surely die [note: it doesn't say 'spiritual' death] Gen 5:5 says "And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."

Matt 1:16 says, "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus..." Luke 3:23 says "And Jesus...the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli"

James 1:13 says "..for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." Gen 22:1 says "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham..."

Gen 6:20 says "Of fowls after their kind and of cattle [etc.]...two of every sort shall come unto thee..." Gen 7:2,3 says "Of every clean beast thou shall take to thee by sevens...Of fowls also of the air by sevens..."

the Genesis passage was a quote from Jacob, renamed Israel. he'd wrestled all night with God, in human form. he saw a 'form' of a man, but it wasnt the true face of God, so no, he hadnt truly seen God.
so both passages are absolutely true.

i'll address the others later, but i've got to work now.

i'll say this: the books of the Bible are written by different people, often recounting their memory of the same events so it's highly possible for there to be variations in numbers, names, times, etc...
but as for the actual interpretation of what was written in the original text, as i stated, Hebrew scholars translated the original text [written in Hebrew and Aramaic] and found the KJ translation to be accurate.

Gen 32:30 states, "...for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." However, John 1:18 states, "No man hath seen God at any time..." Both statements cannot be true. Either there is an error of fact, or an error of translation. In either case, there is an error. And if there is an error, then infallibility of the Bible (in this case the King James Version) is falsified...."

The bible states that nobody has seen the face of god. One of the above mentioned, saw god's "hinder quarters", whatever that means. I won't pretend to know anything about the bible but, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that hinder quarters isn't god's face.

The bible states that nobody has seen the face of god. One of the above mentioned, saw god's "hinder quarters", whatever that means. I won't pretend to know anything about the bible but, I can say with a fair amount of certainty that hinder quarters isn't god's face.

The quote is straight from the bible. I agree with you, thats what I was taught growing up, but the quasi-topic was mistranslations/corruption of the BIble and or translations

Haha, I stopped watching it after we got demolished by Argentina 4-1. US can still make it to the Quarter Finals if we beat Columbia on Thursday, tho, and they're actually doing worse than us so far

We need to beat them by like a score of 3 to 0 I think. Ill watch it. But hey, its the "C" team, which in all aspects is still pretty damn good. But when you play teams that have guys playing in the La Liga..its going to be a tough fight.

I should have played soccer for the US! I instead opted to visit the world, meet new and interesting people, then kill them.

The quote is straight from the bible. I agree with you, thats what I was taught growing up, but the quasi-topic was mistranslations/corruption of the BIble and or translations

I see what you are saying and frankly can't argue against your point. I don't really know enough about the subject. I found your post interesting so, I asked about it. My daughters godmother is heavily involved in her church and teaches bible classes. She lit up when I asked her about it. She respects my trepidation in regards to religion so, I think she may have thought I was searching. Little did she know, I asked so I could put up a relavent post on this heathenous website!!!:headbang:

I see what you are saying and frankly can't argue against your point. I don't really know enough about the subject. I found your post interesting so, I asked about it. My daughters godmother is heavily involved in her church and teaches bible classes. She lit up when I asked her about it. She respects my trepidation in regards to religion so, I think she may have thought I was searching. Little did she know, I asked so I could put up a relavent post on this heathenous website!!!:headbang:

we always get excited when somebody expresses an interest. we dont care about the reasons.