U.S. Tour with Opeth next year?

I agree to a point that Katatonia coming over for a US tour as a headlining band might not as successful as to be a be a monumental pivot-point in thier band's career, (granting them the superstardom that they definately deserve)but I dont think it would be a waste of time for them. also, havent they gotten alot of respect and following over the years by not being one of those "touring to hopefully get to be rich and famous" bands?
I had the great pleasure of seeing Katatonia a while back with deliverance6 and a couple of others, in a small venue with NO really famous bands, and it simply didnt seem commercial at all...and that made it really personal and meaningful. I would hate to imagine see them go the route of bands like Dimmu Borgir, Now playing at Ozzfest (?!) I guess my point is- I guess I think that they should'nt tour with Opeth- especially as an opening act- it would unjustly shadow them and that would be unfortunate. personally I would like to see them tour with other lesser seen groups in the dark music realm, like murder by death, perhaps some Bogus blimp/ Mogwai type stuff, or even Ulver or Anathema/Antimatter type bands.

shadowNINE said:
As I have gathered from interviews (here) and from speaking with the band personally, at this point it's more that they have a limited amount of time (because of other obligations), and one of their members lives relatively far from the others (which makes rehearsing is difficult). They do hope to play some live shows after they complete the album they are working on, though.

thanks, just read the interview... new album and possibly touring is very good news.

affinityband said:
I agree with deliverance as much as i would love to see them both live its about time for Katatonia to sort of break away from following opeth( i say this only because alot of people like katatonia from originally liking opeth) i personally feel katatonia has more to give than opeth in terms of accessability and they are a fantastic band. They need to do their own fucking show and headline it and COME TO ENGLAND.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but I just noticed your name. I have one of your songs on my myspace profile. Ha, small world.

www.myspace.com/watch_me_burn if you're curious.

mexico?...hehe here in mexico comes bands like moonspell, therion, and much more...katatonia?...may be in the future....but obviously it would have ti start as an opening band...nobody knows katatonia in my school haha!!