UEFA EURO 2008

The only thing worse would be to lose to Canada.:OMG::heh:

Which has happened on occasion:

1981 WCQ Can 2 - 1 USA
December 22, 1976, Port au Prince, Haiti - Flag of Canada Canada 3 - 0 Flag of the United States USA 1978 CONCACAF WC playoff

Don't laugh, but after qualifying in 1978, it took Mexico 16 years to qualify through competition:

1982 Eliminated in CONCACAF hexagonal
1986 Host nation after Colombia crashed and burned. BTW, FIFA is STILL kicking themselves for not have the 1986 WC in the US
1990 Mexico disqualified for using overage players in a Olympic Qualifying in Honduras

So, as I said, anything can happen.

I dont think Germany will even touch Spain. Spain is playing way better football and Spain's striker(Torres) hasn't even found the net the whole qualifier. Im thinking 3-1, unless Germany stops playing mediocre and does well.

I dont think Germany will even touch Spain. Spain is playing way better football and Spain's striker(Torres) hasn't even found the net the whole qualifier. Im thinking 3-1, unless Germany stops playing mediocre and does well.
I think Germany has more offensive weapons than Spain, but Torres, Villa, and Guiza are true snipers! I predict at least 5 goals total in this match. Should be a thriller!:headbang:

And Spain, like Portugal, has choked when it counted most. Only in 1964 has Spain won a Major trophy in Senior Men's competition (1964 Euro Championships). Germany should win this. Not handily, mind you. But Germany will bring it home.

Its a game between two different styles almost. Now that Villa is out with a thigh injury, Guiza is going to start with Torres. Now yes, both strikers are dominant in their respective leagues, but international play is a different dimension. From what I've seen, is that the Germans can make it count when it matters most. I really haven't seen Spain scrape and fight at a game, because they've dominated who they've played. Just from an experience point of view, that favors the Germans greatly. Yet, it can also be their downfall.

Sticking true with my fashion, I'm not predicting the final because that's something I don't do. Too superstitious.

Depends on the old man's decision. If I was him, I'd definitely put Fab in. But, Torres really hasn't been very effective up top by himself. He needs someone to run off him, pull defenders, make space and then Torres exploits that space. Because of that reason, I feel Guiza may get the nod.

I'd put Guiza and Fabregas in at the same time. I'd seriously considering subbing Torres IN at the start of the second half. Villa must shine today to give ESP a real chance of winning. GER has the decided edge in experience and history is behind them. Can't wait to see this match!

Depends on the old man's decision. If I was him, I'd definitely put Fab in. But, Torres really hasn't been very effective up top by himself. He needs someone to run off him, pull defenders, make space and then Torres exploits that space. Because of that reason, I feel Guiza may get the nod.
Very true. Let's see what happens today.

Well Torres had a bloody good game up there by himself....along with Senna and Xavi was probably the player of the match.
Apart from the first 15 minutes Germany were never really in the game and never looked to dangerous. Suck shit to Ballack...i hate that guy :lol:

Well Torres had a bloody good game up there by himself....along with Senna and Xavi was probably the player of the match.
Apart from the first 15 minutes Germany were never really in the game and never looked to dangerous. Suck shit to Ballack...i hate that guy :lol:

Torres scored, and good for him. Compared to his play for his club, it wasn't a good game for him. But compared to his previous outings with Spain, it was very good. He got the service he needed to.

As for Germany, they played like shit. I love Germany, they are my team, but god, if they were the ones to raise the trophy, it would a mockery of the competition. Through and through Spain played like they have all tournament and Germany played like they played against Turkey, complete shit. I disagree with your opinion about Ballack. He's been one of my favorite players for the past years and I feel for the guy, he just can't win shit, except 2nd place.

Ballack did nothing this game except bleed and some make some nasty tackles....i'm not saying he's not a good player...i just hate the cvnt. :)

Compared to his play for his club, it wasn't a good game for him. But compared to his previous outings with Spain, it was very good. He got the service he needed to.

The formation they played today was more inline with what Liverpool usually play which exploit his real strengths.....and while the service was better its never going to match the almost esp like partnership he has with Gerrard at Liverpool....but that always happens at the national level where teams don't spend as much time together.

My two cents on the game...

Spain started carefully. Not a whole lot of attempts in the first few minutes, while Germany tried to scare them.

Then the Germans showed what they're really all about. A rough game, with lots of dirty tackles and no patience.

Spain took advantage of that, and slowly became more dangerous, until Torres showed why he's one of the top scorers in the world (although he had a rough Euro).

The rest is history. Spain had more than a dozen shots on goal, while the Germans looked tired in the second half. Little Lahm played well, Schweinsteiger and Klose weren't bad either, but not enough to stop La Furia. Ballack was horrible, all he could do was to bitch and whine to the ref. and do some dirty-ass tackles. Metzelder was another one who looked lost in the field. :lol:

I'm happy Spain won. They deserve it, and it's been a long time coming. I'm especially happy for the coach Luis Aragones, who can FINALLY say he's a winner as the Spaniard coach. Also, my Spaniard background adds to the happiness.

Muy bien, Furia!!!!

Senna rules. And the other Brazilian Senna did too.

I agree, he opened my eyes to a truly great replacement for Makelele's role.

Odd that this summer, I was choosing between two books. 1 about Spanish cultural/political situations that affect Spanish clubs and one about the same situations with Germany. I opted to choose Spain due to my interest in Spanish culture. I just now realized that decision.

Germany just stunk the joint out on Sunday. No rhythm. No fluidity. Just a bad game overall. Spain came to play. Very solid game all around. Much deserved champions.

YAY Spain! Unfortunately Metz, France was rather boring for the game, though there were many people honking and hanging out car windows and such after Spain won. Somehow my friends chose to root for the two teams that made it to the Eurocup, but Spain definitely deserved it.

Germany just stunk the joint out on Sunday. No rhythm. No fluidity. Just a bad game overall.
Germany should have never made it to the finals to begin with. Both Croatia (in this tournament) and the Czech Republic (in the qualification stage) beat them easily, both of which lost to Turkey. Then the reserve team of Turkey ate them alive in the semis too, but they were just lucky. Actually, they totally sucked against Austria and Portugal as well. I'm so glad they lost against Spain. They didn't even have a single on-target shot. To hell with their boring game!