UEFA EURO 2008

I dont even know if I want to watch Turkey v Germany :loco: (but I will bc I have nothing better to do :lol:) I already know Turkey is going to turtle till PKs, I didnt see anything huge against a lesser team(croatia compared to Germany). Russia and Spain should hopefully be a good game, if Torres finds it(like if Toni did) they are going to be amazing. I love his sub in todays game basically catches the ball in the box :lol: :lol:

I dont even know if I want to watch Turkey v Germany :loco: (but I will bc I have nothing better to do :lol:) I already know Turkey is going to turtle till PKs, I didnt see anything huge against a lesser team(croatia compared to Germany). Russia and Spain should hopefully be a good game, if Torres finds it(like if Toni did) they are going to be amazing. I love his sub in todays game basically catches the ball in the box :lol: :lol:
You make some very good points there. I will watch both semis matches but look most forward to the ESP/RUS match. The Russians feature some young wildcard/maverick type players that make their matches very exciting to watch. Having said that, I am already predicting a GER/ESP Finals!:headbang:

The intrigue of the political dynamics between Germany and Turkey will hopefully make the game something more than a turtle match. Germany has a large Turkish population due to the "gasterbeiter" or guest worker program. Yet, the Germans haven't been so kind to the Turkish immigrants and they really have become the forgotten generation of Germany. Nonetheless, I hope the Germans beat the Turks like a redheaded step-child as punishment for me. They beat the Swiss, and the Croats, and goddamnit, I'm tired of waiting 90+ minutes for them to score.

VIVA ESPANA!!! AGUANTE FURIA!!

Hahaha I'm so happy that Spain won today, and even happier the Italians are out. They played such good defense today, I admit it, but Spain was better overall.

By the way, I wanna hear rms' opinion on today's referee. You talked so much about the ref. the other day, I was curious to hear what your thoughts were about this one. Personally, I think if anyone knows anything about soccer, you can agree with me that the ref. was horrible and ignored about 3 or 4 fouls (PK's) for Spain and countless other mistakes...

I definitely didn't pay as much attention to the game today vs. the others but I noticed a fuckload of diving and the ref not throwing cards out except on the Spanish player. Seemed more of an italian fanboy whenever they fell he forced them out. Theres only the 1 ref I really like, hes from Slovakia and he ref'd the Dutch v. Russia game.

I definitely didn't pay as much attention to the game today vs. the others but I noticed a fuckload of diving and the ref not throwing cards out except on the Spanish player. Seemed more of an italian fanboy whenever they fell he forced them out. Theres only the 1 ref I really like, hes from Slovakia and he ref'd the Dutch v. Russia game.

Gotcha! I didn't see the Hol x Rus game so I couldn't tell about the ref. Was he the same ref. in any other matches?

Gotcha! I didn't see the Hol x Rus game so I couldn't tell about the ref. Was he the same ref. in any other matches?

He's actually done alot of matches. He's gotta be coming up in the rotation soon.

haha with some quick google action, I found the guy!

_41795558_referee416.jpg

I don't think Turkey can muster another come from behind victory......so i'll stick with a ger v spain final too
It's not that Turkey doesn't have the desire and heart to win, it's that they don't have the experience and manpower to overcome the German soccer amchine, thanks in large part to all their injuries, etc. I don't expect Fatih Terim and the boys to just lie down and take it, though. They will "die" with their boots on with an ancient grace and honor befitting the legendary Moors of old. Hail Turkey!:worship:rock::kickass:

VIVA ESPANA!!! AGUANTE FURIA!!

Hahaha I'm so happy that Spain won today, and even happier the Italians are out. They played such good defense today, I admit it, but Spain was better overall.

By the way, I wanna hear rms' opinion on today's referee. You talked so much about the ref. the other day, I was curious to hear what your thoughts were about this one. Personally, I think if anyone knows anything about soccer, you can agree with me that the ref. was horrible and ignored about 3 or 4 fouls (PK's) for Spain and countless other mistakes...
Hail!:headbang::kickass:

The intrigue of the political dynamics between Germany and Turkey will hopefully make the game something more than a turtle match. Germany has a large Turkish population due to the "gasterbeiter" or guest worker program. Yet, the Germans haven't been so kind to the Turkish immigrants and they really have become the forgotten generation of Germany. Nonetheless, I hope the Germans beat the Turks like a redheaded step-child as punishment for me. They beat the Swiss, and the Croats, and goddamnit, I'm tired of waiting 90+ minutes for them to score.
:lol::kickass:

Yeah, the Slovakian ref is awesome! He refs a lot of Champions League matches, too.
His first name is Lubos. First class officiating all the way from him.

In other soccer news, the USA shut out Barbados something like 9-0 on aggregate in their 2-match series. The Americans will now advance to the next round of qualification. I don't expect there to be any real bumps in the road except for Mexico, naturally.

In other soccer news, the USA shut out Barbados something like 9-0 on aggregate in their 2-match series. The Americans will now advance to the next round of qualification. I don't expect there to be any real bumps in the road except for Mexico, naturally.

Ya...
That's why I don't follow the US Men's National Team. Come on, how couldn't we qualify for the World Cup in our region (CONCACAF)???? Mexico and the US dominate the region, and then it's always between the Central American/Carribbean countries for the third berth... and possibly, a fourth berth (depending on the result of a playoff between the 5th place team from the South American CONMEBOL).

Yes, I'm American, but I simply cannot appreciate the USMNT fanboys who only follow the USMNT and the MLS because simply put, as we've seen time and time again, we're a second-tier footballing country that needs a miracle to beat a European team in a meaningful match. God, why didn't we appoint Jurgen Klinsmann after WC06..............?

Ya...
That's why I don't follow the US Men's National Team. Come on, how couldn't we qualify for the World Cup in our region (CONCACAF)???? Mexico and the US dominate the region, and then it's always between the Central American/Carribbean countries for the third berth... and possibly, a fourth berth (depending on the result of a playoff between the 5th place team from the South American CONMEBOL).

Yes, I'm American, but I simply cannot appreciate the USMNT fanboys who only follow the USMNT and the MLS because simply put, as we've seen time and time again, we're a second-tier footballing country that needs a miracle to beat a European team in a meaningful match. God, why didn't we appoint Jurgen Klinsmann after WC06..............?
Good points there. Jurgy would've been a great choice to skipper our boys, but Bradley isn't too bad so far. BEAT MEXICO!:heh::kickass:

Wow, there's actual people who follow the USMNT and the MLS only?

Man, what a bunch of losers! :lol: (no offense)