Underrated Katatonia tracks

Bleak Eyes

Irrelevant
Jun 16, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
Right now, I can only think of a few, but I was curious as to what others thought.

Two tracks on Viva Emptiness that I believe to be underrated are Sleeper and Burn The Remembrance. Also, Walking By A Wire. Another track that I believe to be underrated is Relention.

What do you guys think?

Jhva Elohim Meth(whole demo...probably one of the best demos ever), Velvet Thorns and Tomb Of Insomnia(one-two punch of total bleak blackened doom greatness), Quiet World, Last Resort, In Death a Song, A Darkness Coming, No Devotion, Fractured, Sulfur, I Transpire(in fact one of their most close to original doomish songs in years, and definitely overlooked), Help Me Disappear.

In Death, A Song was the very first Katatonia track I ever heard. No Devotion is great as well. Those two you named from Dance of December Souls are gold. The keys in Tomb of Insomnia crush. Quiet World is the most depressing song in the world.

Displaced is another beauty, overlooked by Dissolving Bons on the My Twin single.

Clean Today
I Break
The Future Of Speech
Displaced which should have been on The Great Cold Distance and the closer not Journey Through Pressure. I find The Great Cold Distance perfect and find JTP boring and a crappy way to close an album.
Nowhere
Sweet Nurse
Funeral Wedding
No Good Can Come Of This
Passing Bird

The whole Sounds Of Decay EP, Relention, Last Resort, Distrust, Right Into The Bliss, Passing Bird, Help Me Disappear, O, How I Enjoy The Light, A Darkness Coming..

I really can't understand how people don't like Journey Through Pressure and dont find it fitting.

Anyway, I say, Right Into The Bliss. That's one of my fav. Katatonia tracks.

'I Transpire' is amazing. 'Will I Arrive' isn't so underrated I guess but I really like that too.

In Death,A Song , Help Me Disappear,the whole sounds of decay EP,A Darkness Coming,Right Into The Bliss...
And how can anyone on earth mention Future of Speech as underrated we all know that it was a very popular song around here.Just look at the song survivals we did in the past...

Seems to me like Sleeper is pretty... uh... rated, actually.

I guess its a little underrated anyway, since its possibly Katatonias best song.

Sleeper underrated? no way! many people like this song (which i can't understand, since it's quite mediocre for me)

these are unterrated:

Strained, In Silence Enshrined, Walking By A Wire, A Premonition

FRACTURED

gah fractured is the single only katatonia song i dont care for, the chorus sounds way to much like HIM, which is a garbage band.

as the OP said though, sleeper and burn the remembrance, holy shit dude, spot on! those are both great great songs.

Personally i feel in the white is underrated (and ive seen a bit of ''meh'' attitude towards it around here) i personally think its up there with katatonia's best song ever.

Also as ive always waxed about, dispossession is a FANTASTIC song, that i feel is a little looked over.

this is a great thread and i will be back to rant more when i get a better working pc :mad: