UNDERWORLD discussion thread

Btw, isn't Russ singing "Bring down the hammer with FURIOUS anger" ? Because few people here made fun of SERIOUS anger

According to the CD booklet, it is "furious anger".

Next verse is: "Bring down my fists with flaming malice".
( I thought Russ was saying, "slamming malice". )

LoL

I'm to the point now where I have a playlist with RwtD omitted for full album listening purposes. I just listen to RwtD alone when I'm in a more rock type of mood.

The first half of this song is more like "Russel Allen Atomic Soul" stuff.
( Which I really don't care for )
The second half of the song is better for me, without the "blues scatting" lyric verses.

I know Russ likes that stuff, and he does it really well, but it doesn't belong on a Symphony X album IMO.

He goes all "bluesy" at the end of Swan Song too, but it fits that song better, so I'm okay with it.

One little thing I'm missing from this album that I'm somehow only just now noticing, is the lack of musical unisons/interludes, ala Damnation Game, In the Dragon's Den, Fool's Paradise, The Turning, Masquerade, even Light up the Night and Bastards of the Machine to name just a few. Cool little sections of arpeggio and/or scalar runs. Not even the long drawn out instrumental sections really. Just cool little musical snippets. The closest things on this album to that are in Underworld (short little blurb post solo), Charon (post solo, kind of, but not what I'm really talking about), and Legend (underneath the "post-chorus"). I suppose though, as I've said before, the fact that I'm somehow just noticing this is good.

I like referring to the "fill-in-the-blank-with-song-title arpeggios/interlude" when discussing cool parts in SX music.

For me it's either "chaos and anguish perfector" or "when will my dark skies disappear; i long to see the sun" for now (if we're talking lyrics).

So anyway, I just checked and Underworld debuted at #89 on the Billboard chart...? Iconoclast made it to #76. The band seems to have gotten so much more popular so I'm pretty surprised. Was expecting something in the area of #50 for this album. Them doing better in terms of sales and such was the only small consolation for the music being subpar to me...

"Underworld", the ninth studio album from New Jersey progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X, has registered the following first-week chart positions:

Switzerland: #10
Finland: #12
Netherlands: #20
Germany: #23
Sweden: #31
France: #39
Japan: #46
Austria: #59
Belgium: #71
UK: #80
USA: #89
Canada: #103

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/symphony-x-underworld-first-week-chart-positions/

Does anyone know what kind of software Romeo uses to make things like Overture? Is it just a DAW with VST/notational support? Anyone know which one specifically?