Unexpected opeth moments

{-sapob-}

Dec 17, 2008
Say, you walk into a shop and some randoms phone rings and they happen to have blackwater park for their ringtone.

that kind of thing.

I remember I was In queensland for a holiday recently, and i had my bloodbath shirt on, i walked past some random and he noticed it and said "hey bloodbath" so i was like yeh, and suddenly Opeth. and we just talked about how good opeth are for about half an hour.

For some reason it felt really random, mostly because I was in a different state.
I dont know why.

I play Opeth at work a lot (retail in the mall), usually damnation or some of the slower songs, and people always ask me what band it is thats playing.

Same thing happened to me with a shirt, I was in an elevator in the mall with my Watershed tour shirt on, and the guy with me in the elevator said something like, "Don't see too many of those shirts around", and I said something like, "Yeah, its a shame, one of my favorite bands". We chatted a little then parted ways, but it was cool to see another fan.

I think I was wearing an Opeth shirt when I was at a bar or restaurant or something and a waitress just randomly said "awesome shirt" to me - other than that everyone I know is devoid of awesome metuhlness (other Opeth fans I know are also like...Children of Bodom/Nightwish fans)

I was about to have sex with a female I just met at this party earlier in the night, then the girl said "let me turn on some music"

MASTERS APPRENTICES!

That sucks Biggsy. I've pretty much turned all of my coworkers onto Opeth by now, so they don't mind when I play their stuff.
Random question, but I see youre from Jersey, do you per chance work at the Garden state plaza?

When I worked as a cashier, this woman came to my register wearing an Opeth sweatshirt. I was like "Sweet nectar! Opeth!" And showed her my opeth tatt and we bonded. And it was double-decker awesomeness because not only was she an opeth fan but she was a woman too! I'm not alone in my stuck up suburban community!

Yeah I do work at Garden State Plaza, if you come into the video game store there and Opeth is playing you'll know who I am haha

edit: oh, and i'm so jealous that you have an Opeth tat, i've been dying to get the O on my forearm for a while.

I'm usually surprised at simply just noticing someone on campus with an Opeth t-shirt... apparently Maryland is metal-challenged. I usually nod at the t-shirt and smile, but they always seem to have headphones on! :p

I was going into my chemistry class once when I heard a cry of "WATERSHED!!!" The guy was so shocked to see another Opeth fan at our school that he was nearly inarticulate.

At Magic Mountain last year, I chatted with some guy about Opeth while waiting for a ride. We talked about Axe mostly.

At my unfortunate place of employment, Six Flags Discorvery Kingdom, some guy walked in the front gate wearing an Opeth shirt and I nearly went up and talked to him. However, I had to go back and do a cash drop and did not want to get fired for talking to someone while having that much money on me. And my co-workers just wanted to leave.

i was down at the pub in the bathroom (urinal), and as i began to whip out my shlong, some hell drunk guy who was hanging a piss next to me goes "Opeth! Shit yeah! you see em' recently?"... i tell you what, my prostate must've flared up like a beach ball 'cause i was struggling to get anything out!

at least he was drunk though and didn't seem to notice

At the bus stop about a week ago I was standing next to this dude, wich I pretty much figued out he was a metalhead from his looks (extremely long hair and a goatee <3) and from his top, a Children of Bodom t-shirt.
So anyway I was standing there waiting for the goddamn buss to pass by and then I header a slight humming wich sounded familiar to me, then it all came to me. He was humming The Lotus Eater, so then I started singing along and after he saw me he was like, wow you are an Opeth fan? (I don't really look like a metal fan by the way a dress ect)

So afret the bus came we sat next to eachother and talked away about metal, events that are gona happen and of course the Opeth concert that happened 3 weeks ago. Interesting dude..And a very unexpected way to make a friend that day:loco: