T Shirt Comments

Olllie

Wanker
Nov 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
When i'm wearing my Opeth tshirt it always seems to provoke public comments. For example I was at college and some random guy was like "dude, you like Opeth? They are great!" and today in a random phone shop the woman working there said "Hey I see you like Opeth. I think they are really cool!" Does anyone else experience this phenomenon when wearing your Opeth shirts? It has never happened with any other band.

I'm sure more and more people are gonna be commenting on them now that they have ever-increasing exposure! Maybe less people will come up to us with those "HEY, I LOVE OPRAH TOO! ISN'T SHE GREAT?!" comments :loco:

I usually always got the comment, "Oprth? what's Operth stand for? .....ohhh, that's an E? I thought it was an R....duhh, I'm a fuckin dipshit."

Unfortunately Opeth doesn't sell a shirt that fits me (XXL). I plan to start a serious exercise/diet program as soon as I'm over my current illness in the hopes that I can fit an XL. Wish me luck :p :p :p .

Demilich said:
Maybe less people will come up to us with those "HEY, I LOVE OPRAH TOO! ISN'T SHE GREAT?!" comments :loco:
I've had that a few times. Never had anyone who knows of 'em outside of a metal bar or gig mention anything about my Opeth shirts though :erk:

Used to get loads of comments when I'd wear a Maiden shirt though.

In a college town like Santa Cruz I get at least one comment a day if I am wearing an Opeth shirt by someone else who is into the band. I ussually see one other person per week wearing an Opeth shirt too. However, if I go back to my hometown I get the ol' "thats a funny way of writing oprah, why do you like her so much?" comments. The adventures never end.

The Warrior of Modern Death said:
I get it a lot sometimes, it's cool to talk to other fans and such as well. Then there's always the people that think it says "oprah"
Are you serious?

How illiterate would you have to be to make that mistake?

I don't have an Opeth shirt, they are all too big, well, the only ones I have seen since I haven't seen many.

I think it's nice when you get a comment about any band shirt that you might be wearing. I have a perfect circle shirt that has got a few comments, it's a nice way to start a conversation with strangers.......

I study computer engineering at a religious jewish university(i'm not religious and it's a good univresity). from the 400 people stdying engineering I know about 4 guys and one girl who like Metal and only one of them heard about opeth.Generally when I don't
talk about studies I talk about music and it's pretty hard to talk with people about music when you don't listen to similar stuff.
so one day I'm on my way home and I see a guy with an opeth shirt and I said to him "Nice shirt" one thing lead to another and we became friends. that was about 2 years ago.

I get that a LOT with most all the shirts I wear. And I am one of those people who will walk up to someone on the street or at the store (where metalheads normally aren't out in droves) and talk to them about the shirt/band, etc. I've met a lot of friends that way.

@Zortz - Opeth DOES make shirts your size. Go to Hot Topic at Oakridge Mall or Valleyfair and they have BWP shirts in XXL... I had to buy three of them for friends. They also make the Still Life one in XXL, but you have to go to LA to get it.