T Shirt Comments

NickFBM said:
One of my friends mothers was looking at my computer, saw the Opeth O as my wallpaper and said what a pretty pattern it was, and asked what its origin was. So it is an apealing logo.
It definitely is. Every time I go in for Chinese down the road the women working there gaze at the logo with wonder o_O

I've worn my Deliverance shirt to death, there's hardly any print on it anymore, but when there was a print people would either say " Opeth?..are they like Otep?" or when people ask who they are I say " They're a metal band from Sveden, but quite possibly the best band on the planet atm" an EVERY time they go " Oh ok a metal band ay..cool" and they pass them off as 'just another heavy metal band'. That gives me the ultimate shits.
I feel like bitch slapping each person then making them sit down for 3 days while I play the 8 albums back to them and explain why Opeth are so great etc, but alas, that's not gonna happen.

Although I have converted two mates into metal through Opeth (now favourite band of each mate) so I'm proud of that heheh.

I couldn't give a fuck if peopel like them or not, they're MY band, so take your grubby faggot hands off them! :D

The last stranger that came up to me and asked me about an Opeth shirt was Lee Barrett, although I didn't realise it at the time.

It was one of the old logo ones, he had not seen them before.

I get asked about my Bloodbath shirts all the time, there were several people at Wacken that wanted to buy my white logo one from me...

I didn't actually rate the shirts on this tour.

I am a bit of a merchandise whore, but did not buy any othe the shirts this time.

There were some rather cool limited edition photographs though, in hindsight I would have bought the set of those...

AlexGuinness said:
there were several people at Wacken that wanted to buy my white logo one from me...
I finally got one of them. As far as I know there's been three up on eBay in the last short while, lost the first one, got the second, and now there's a third ... though I almost wish I'd waited. The last 2 were XL and the one up now is L :erk:

At least I got one anyway :headbang:

Jude said:
I swear I saw that Morningrise tea in my campus coffee shop last night.
07073407050.jpg

Yea my mom said that my big poster flag that hangs proudly above my bed the logo looks "pretty" BLAH

some jackass at work said what are you wearing an oprah shirt for? which is promptly kicked him in the nuts for.

My latest and greatest experience though was I just was in my friends wedding, a small wedding with only about 40 people attending and I had my Opeth shirt on underneath my dress clothes and it was hot as fuck outside, so as soon as pictures were done I went and changed. All the sudden this dude comes up to me and says I want your shirt! So we got to talking and he loves opeth as much as I do and we talked about other bands we like, his whole family likes opeth (they were all there, really cool family!) So then I had to DJ the party afterwards and they were all beggin me to play opeth so I snuck some in ;)

I'm still in high school where everyone listenes to shitty metalcore and rap. This is what I get.

1. Oprah? "no opeth" Oh never heard of em.
2. Oprth? That's an E?
3. "Dude opeth sucks ass that girl singer is terrible" your thinking of otep moron.
4."is the band name Still life?" (When I'm wearing the SL shirt)
5.Nice shirt, I like that song in my time of need it's really good, my friend had it on in the car the other day.
6. Probably more I just can't remember.

If i'm wearing an Evergrey shirt I ALWAYS GET THIS.
EVERGREEN TERRENCE? NO! o_O

I never get comments on my Opeth shirts, but I have gotten comments on the back patch stitched on the back of my Jacket with the Opeth Logo and Words saying "Look Upon Your Last Sunset" .I never get comments on my shirts unless I'm wearing one of my Death Shirts (Usually Symbolic Album cover) .. People usually comment on it, even Bjorn from In Flames and Sharlee from Arch Enemy have commented on it saying they loved that album.. and Surpisingly enough, all the guys from Killswitch Engage..

Sometimes people comment on my Arch Enemy shirt.. But for the wrong reasons.. haha

I can't say that I've had much comment on my Opeth shirts from strangers, but this woman at Krispy Kreme really thought my Finntroll shirt was great. She liked the picture of the troll, because it was 'art'. She was like 40 or 50; it was pretty funny.

I work at Nordstrom in Bellevue, Wa...

The only other metal head there is some goth chick who *remotely* knows who Opeth is and she does makeup for cosmetics.

The other day at work, I saw a d00d walking by with an Opeth jacket... I was like at the top of my lungs "OPETH!!!"... the dude heard me and smiled. He came back the next day and I found out he was actually working with his brother who worked at Nordstrom... it's fucking hard to find anybody in this city who likes Opeth^_^.

I get worst comments when I wear Opeth shirts[the ussual, oprah is getting on my nerves-GODDAMN]:puke:
I get BEST[no]comments when i wear my DevilDriver shirts:headbang:

I got the Oprah comment from a cashier at a grocery store.
when I wore my BWP shirt at Gigantour people were like "aww man did you see them at sounds of the underground they were awesome". I was like yeah, gonna see them again October 14th.

the only time i got a comment was at a killswitch show where apparently somebody gave me the horns but i wasnt paying attention and i missed my chance to forge a bond of Opethian brotherhood which is a hard thing to do considering not too many people are truly fans where I live (most people who claim to like them dont know anything about them apart from a few songs and that they are 'heavy and evil')

Demilich said:
I'm sure more and more people are gonna be commenting on them now that they have ever-increasing exposure! Maybe less people will come up to us with those "HEY, I LOVE OPRAH TOO! ISN'T SHE GREAT?!" comments :loco:

Hahaha, shit. I thought I was the only one. A guy from school actually bugs me about it every day. He still hasnt caught on to the fact that it's Opeth. I dont think Oprah would put out a hoodie depicting 4 guys with long hair and the words "still life, still death" on the back. I've even brought my collection of CD's to school and showed him all of them but he's a firm believer. Oh well, his ignorance is rather ammusing so maybe I'll just give in.